Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Why do you play internet poker? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=219249)

SamJack 03-24-2005 12:28 PM

Why do you play internet poker?

evilganz 03-24-2005 12:35 PM

Re: Why do you play internet poker?

You forgot to include "Because I can't watch Spongebob while I play at the cardroom."

SomethingClever 03-24-2005 12:39 PM

Straight cash, homey.

NoChance 03-24-2005 01:00 PM

Toss up between I love the game and to help support me meager income. I went with to help support my meager income but would have chose both if there were two options.

Also, I am not sure I have "meager" income but none-the-less it is to support the income I do have. I use online winnings as my "extra" spending money. When I have no craving to buy anything, I just let the bankroll grow and eventually move up in limits. This is perhaps why I have not moved up as fast as many others. No matter, because I also play because I love the game and moving up is not my number one goal. As long as I am making "extra" money and having fun, it's all I need.

Milky 03-24-2005 01:10 PM

Yeah I'm pretty much in this boat. My salary is definitely not meager but I play poker to make a little extra fun money and have a good time. So far I've bought a laptop and a Dell 2001FP LCD with poker winnings and I still have a big enough bankroll for what I play so I'm quite happy with where I am. Wouldn't exactly call it a grind [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

chesterp 03-24-2005 01:28 PM

options 1,3,4

StacysMom 03-24-2005 01:39 PM

poker = tuition and tacobell

moondogg 03-24-2005 01:52 PM

For the chicks

CountDuckula 03-24-2005 02:02 PM

I had to answer "I love the game", because I'm not quite good enough yet to make a consistent buck at it. I get blown out in NL ring games, and limit gets boring after a while, so I'm concentrating on SNGs and MTTs and trying to improve to the point of making a profit (I do better at those than at NL ring; I suspect my tactical ability/style is better suited to tourney play, but I haven't entirely isolated the reasons).

Anyway, I think you should have allowed more than one choice for your poll; I think very few of us really have only one reason for playing.

-Mike

SamJack 03-24-2005 02:03 PM

I should've put meager in quotes.... I simply meant, I enjoyed the extra cash and that's why I play, but it's not my primary source of income.

SamJack