Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Week 1 Suicide bragging/bitching (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=334950)

McGahee 09-12-2005 08:48 AM

Week 1 Suicide bragging/bitching

Sorry for being a prick - but if you're out already you deserve it (with the possible exception of Carolina picks). When you only have to pick 1 team per week it's not that hard to avoid bad coaches and QB's on the road. That includes Mike Martz and Jake Plummer - I don't care if they're playing High School teams.

kenberman 09-12-2005 09:51 AM

Re: Week 1 Suicide bragging/bitching

my 23 team pool has 10 teams left.

Patrick del Poker Grande 09-12-2005 10:34 AM

My alphabetical strategy turned out to be not a great strategy right from the start: NYG: 42, ARI: 19. Oh well.

Sluss 09-12-2005 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry for being a prick - but if you're out already you deserve it (with the possible exception of Carolina picks). When you only have to pick 1 team per week it's not that hard to avoid bad coaches and QB's on the road. That includes Mike Martz and Jake Plummer - I don't care if they're playing High School teams.

[/ QUOTE ]
Nice way to play Mr. Hindsight. At least I predicted my demise Saturday morning in this post.

I'm such an idiot for not thinking about Mike Martz being an idiot. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

McGahee 09-12-2005 04:34 PM

Bite me -
You can say a lot of things about me. Mr. Hindsight isn't one of them. I thought Coach Mularkey was crazy for going for it on 4th & 2 yesterday even though they converted it and ended up scoring their only TD on that drive.

I said Carolina wasn't a terrible pick and I still think Cincy was a dumb pick. I don't see why anybody would pick a road team when they only have to pick 1 game; and never pick a team with a bad QB or coach on the road. That's not hindsight, pretty simple really.

Russ McGinley 09-12-2005 04:34 PM

My league had 10 teams. We are done after week 1:

8 teams picked STL over SF
1 team forgot to pick
1 team picked Cincy over Cleveland (WINNER)

Glad we could start a new league.

IHateKeithSmart 09-12-2005 05:12 PM

The forum pool I organized has 11/20 left. I went 2/2 [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

The work pool I'm in has lost over half of the 686 entries. I went 2/5 [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

lastchance 09-12-2005 05:19 PM

I was one of the people that picked Carolina. They're supposed to be the NFC South winners, playing a team that comes apart at the seams, at home.

zzz.....

Sluss 09-12-2005 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bite me -
You can say a lot of things about me. Mr. Hindsight isn't one of them. I thought Coach Mularkey was crazy for going for it on 4th & 2 yesterday even though they converted it and ended up scoring their only TD on that drive.

I said Carolina wasn't a terrible pick and I still think Cincy was a dumb pick. I don't see why anybody would pick a road team when they only have to pick 1 game; and never pick a team with a bad QB or coach on the road. That's not hindsight, pretty simple really.

[/ QUOTE ] I was just kidding.

I'm just really ticked that I picked 12 games right this week ATS in my work pool.

Two of the three I didn't where the two games I put money on. Fortunatly my three o/u came in to break me even for the week. But it is a bit of a kick in the groin to get knocked out of three suicide pools in Week 1 and lose your two bets when you picked so many games right. I hate Week one.

youtalkfunny 09-13-2005 02:17 AM

I would've liked to have gotten into a 600+ player pool.

I love this format. It's the only thing I've ever been good at, when it comes to picking NFL games (2-for-2 in the 2+2 pool).