Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   QTs.......post-flop standard? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=403260)

12-22-2005 03:13 AM

QTs.......post-flop standard?

UTG is super sLAG (Not stupid, just super aggressive).
<font color="green">Both blinds were loose - so excuse preflop.</font>
Button is a TAG (Bitch was supposed to fold).

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is CO with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls, Button calls.

Flop: (17.50 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP2 folds, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (11.75 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls.

River: (13.75 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>,

Several different options, on all streets.
What's the best one?

bottomset 12-22-2005 03:34 AM

Re: QTs.......post-flop standard?

I know clark bets any2, but I think this specific hand you are best off to c/f

btn never has a worse hand, and I doubt he folds here

Buckmulligan 12-22-2005 03:39 AM

I don't see us folding any hands that we beat on the end so I don't like the river.

Nitpicking the preflop cold call as well.

jakbse 12-22-2005 04:02 AM

I don't mind not folding any hands we beat..?
Anyway, I think villian will call a lot of times even if he doesn't have a heart. Reason for saying is because this is such an obvious spot for a bluff from your side. Given A/ I'm sure villian has a hand that beats you, and probably will have to at least call since you may bluff B/ There's a good chance villian made the flush and will raise you I think my line would be c/f.
And, the cold call pre-flop isn't very nice, I think 3-bet or fold, in this case very much fold.

12-22-2005 04:10 AM

Just thinking out loud.
Once UTG folds and we are heads up with button, who i presume is a tight/good player and we decided we would try to bluff him if a 4th flush came on the river would raising the turn be better?

Then you can bet/fold on the river if the 4th flush came, bet/call if your non heart straight hit and check/fold everything else and fold if he 3 bets the turn.

shant 12-22-2005 05:17 AM

Jason_t told me a little addendum to the Clark rule which made a lot of sense to me. He told me I should only be applying the Clark rule when I had the lead in the hand on the previous street.

I remember Clarking some rivers where I didn't have the initiative in the hand and it just felt bad. Now I know why.

12-22-2005 05:29 AM

Not that I'm saying it's right in this situation but here is a quote from Clarkmeister himself in response to Jake the Snake:

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Jake:Betting the river here would not be a Clarkmeister.

You need to have been the aggressor on the previous street.

[/ QUOTE ]
Clarkmeister:
No. Previous action is irrelevant.

[/ QUOTE ]

Trix 12-22-2005 05:29 AM

I´m not betting the river unless I know him to be weaktight.
I think most people will just call in pray in a pot of that size with TT-AA, which probably is what he holds.

Unless he is raising a ton, then I fold preflop.

shant 12-22-2005 05:38 AM

I know Clark's feelings on that. I called it Jason_t's addendum. Just something to think about.

12-22-2005 09:34 AM

I would raise both on preflop and flop and fold or raise on turn. Probably fold bcause button most likely was going for a flush or bluffing.