Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   "That's Exactly What I Put Him On" (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=347630)

KramerTM 09-30-2005 12:20 PM

\"That\'s Exactly What I Put Him On\"

If you watched the Season 3 LA Poker Classic, you know what I'm talking about. I really wanted to punch that guy. It's not enough you made a great call, you had to go up to everyone in the auidence and tell them, "That's exactly what I put him on!"

noggindoc 09-30-2005 12:30 PM

Re: \"That\'s Exactly What I Put Him On\"

I totally put you on wanting to punch that guy.

illegit 09-30-2005 12:35 PM

Of course that's what you put him on, it's the only hand you can beat! What a douche.

*looks down at A2*

Brain Thinks: "Hmmmm, I hope he has KQ"

*sees KQ*

Mouth Says: "I knew he had KQ!"

27offsuit 09-30-2005 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I totally put you on wanting to punch that guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

nh

otnemem 09-30-2005 02:00 PM

Was that the one with the uptight playwrite? Harabalos?

Bartman387 09-30-2005 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Was that the one with the uptight playwrite? Harabalos?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, but I found him much less annoying than the Grinder and his posse.

curtains 09-30-2005 02:38 PM

It's okay, about 3-10% of the time this guy will be right when he puts someone on an "exact" hand due to his heads up preflop play.

Miggo 09-30-2005 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, but I found him much less annoying than the Grinder and his posse.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought "The Grinder" handled himself really well. I don't think he ever instigated anything or berated any of the other players, or talked smacked, etc. that I can remember. When he won a hand, it was his posse that went nuts, so I agree with you there. For some reason I thought he would be bad and that I wouldn't like his antics. Maybe I got him mixed up with another Mike. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

DyessMan89 09-30-2005 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you watched the Season 3 LA Poker Classic, you know what I'm talking about. I really wanted to punch that guy. It's not enough you made a great call, you had to go up to everyone in the auidence and tell them, "That's exactly what I put him on!"

[/ QUOTE ]

09-30-2005 03:38 PM

the grinder comes off as a dick on television, but for the first time ever i found myself begging for him to bury that skinny little [censored] he was up against heads-up.

Kevin West 09-30-2005 03:48 PM

"Careful sir! I totally misread you and thought I had the best hand with bottom pair!"

09-30-2005 04:21 PM

A not-so funny story similar to this one, about 2 years ago I was playing in my first live MTT (Saturday tourney at TS). Anyways, I was an idiot then, but somehow found myself as the table chip leader... So I folded one hand having A5 in EP, some chump wins the hand with KQ where I would have won. So I figure, the next time I get a similar hand, I will limp and call a raise if the guy is short, totally idiotic play I know. So that happens with A5 an orbit later, some guy raises all in by quite a bit and I called HOPING he had KQ, even though I would only be a 55% favorite. He had AK and won the hand, and my reply was "I put him on KQ" LOL! So I agree that Harabolos "hoped" that is what Mizrachi had, not what he actually read him to have...

SossMan 09-30-2005 04:40 PM

What did the guy do wrong? There was $1m difference in first/second place money. You don't think that you would be a little excited the see that he had 'exactly the type of hand that you put him on'. He was excited that he was ahead in the hand and had a decent chance at winning an additional ONE MILLION DOLLARS?!?

It's not like he was disrespectful or acting like an idiot. He was in the most pressure packed situation that he has ever been in and acted fine.

09-30-2005 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He was disrespectful AND acting like an idiot.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

KramerTM 09-30-2005 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"Careful sir! I totally misread you and thought I had the best hand with bottom pair worst kicker!"

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

That line pissed me off too. First he thought he was a genius for "knowing" he had the best hand with bottom pair. Then he thinks he's a genius for folding the damn hand. Talk about having your cake and eating it too.

KramerTM 09-30-2005 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What did the guy do wrong? There was $1m difference in first/second place money. You don't think that you would be a little excited the see that he had 'exactly the type of hand that you put him on'. He was excited that he was ahead in the hand and had a decent chance at winning an additional ONE MILLION DOLLARS?!?

It's not like he was disrespectful or acting like an idiot. He was in the most pressure packed situation that he has ever been in and acted fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we found Harabalos on 2+2. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

SossMan 09-30-2005 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He was disrespectful AND acting like an idiot.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

what did he do that was idiotic or disrespectful?

KramerTM 09-30-2005 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what did he do that was idiotic or disrespectful?

[/ QUOTE ]

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...;sb=5&o=14

curtains 09-30-2005 07:20 PM

Hmm...The Grinder always seemed like a nice enough guy in the events Ive seen him on TV.

zipo 09-30-2005 11:08 PM

I want to know what company made his suit, so I can sell them short Monday.

benkahuna 10-01-2005 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The guy handled himself poorly and came across badly. To me, he seemed arrogant and contrived.

In contrast, the Grinder came across as calm, humble and focused on the game and happy to get support from overzealous fans.

I saw the grinder take down a huge pot first day of the ME this year and he handled himself there too. You might see it at the feature table. Hand versus Tom Sartori (and people are going to love that guy on these forums, LOL--just wait, you'll see).

KramerTM 10-01-2005 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I want to know what company made his suit, so I can sell them short Monday.

[/ QUOTE ]

LMFAO.

SossMan 10-02-2005 03:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The guy handled himself poorly and came across badly. To me, he seemed arrogant and contrived.

[/ QUOTE ]

weird, i thought he came off quiet, polite, and a thinking player. FWIW, I think Grinder seemed just fine too. I guess some people rub people the wrong way.

10-02-2005 03:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

weird, i thought he came off quiet, polite, and a thinking player. FWIW, I think Grinder seemed just fine too. I guess some people rub people the wrong way.

[/ QUOTE ]

watch the last 30 mins of the show.

" careful, careful sir!!", "that's exactly what i put him, that's exactly what i put him, exactly what i put him, exactly what i put him."

alot of chips sure changes a person. lol

10-02-2005 05:23 AM

I remember seeing this episode for the first time last year or whatever, and boy did I want Michael to win so bad. Mike clearly showed that he knew what it took to win when he also final tabled the WPT episode before winning (in which he took a bad beat to lose to Daniel Negreanu in a HUGE pot).

I knew Mike had what it took to play the game, but he's not cocky about it or anything, he can at least handle the pressure that these events could put on to you, but outright belittling your opponent won't give you any positive attention.

DyessMan89 10-02-2005 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You must not have watched the entire episode.

sketchy1 10-03-2005 04:07 AM

he is. but don't go by what i say. it's not like i know him and his "posse" go by what this internet donkey says. he knows all since he saw it on the wpt.

dibbs 10-03-2005 04:16 AM

Seems like players always say that when they call an all in with a PP and are against overs or vice versa.

No shxt huh?

riverboatking 10-03-2005 05:47 AM

i've played cash games with harabalos, or however you spell it.
he's a nice guy, just really conceited, i mean really conceited.

kind of guy that loves to drop names trying to show how cool he is.

he must think people find it impressive when he claims to be good friends with gus and paul philips.

jetsg4 10-03-2005 10:10 AM

i agree totally, i hate the new "bring your loud retard crew to the final table" crap that is going on now. making poker seem like the freaking WWE, really classless

when the main event final table airs, i'm now i'm going to spend the entire time wishing genital diseases upon the autralians douchebag cheering section