Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Politics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Merry Christmas (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=166032)

elwoodblues 12-23-2004 11:34 AM

Merry Christmas

For those who celebrate Christmas, have a great one. For those who don't, screw you [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

For me, I am hosting Christmas this year. My wife's side are all staying with us for a few days and should lead to mass chaos at the Blues household. 9-month pregnant wife and a two-year old son, 5 year old and 6 month old niece and nephew, brother and sister in-law, and a set of grandparents to boot. Wife's father has been living with us for a few months now as he is undergoing some pretty radical cancer treatment at the Mayo clinic in MN. His radiation treatment ends today --- radical surgery, the loss of an eye, and 8 weeks of radiation later he's doing as well as can be expected. With all the chaos, all the stress of company, all the fun with having in-laws live with us for two-months, it's still been a good year.

Merry Christmas and God bless.

jakethebake 12-23-2004 11:51 AM

Re: Merry Christmas

[ QUOTE ]
For those who celebrate Christmas, have a great one. For those who don't, screw you [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

For me, I am hosting Christmas this year. My wife's side are all staying with us for a few days and should lead to mass chaos at the Blues household. 9-month pregnant wife and a two-year old son, 5 year old and 6 month old niece and nephew, brother and sister in-law, and a set of grandparents to boot. Wife's father has been living with us for a few months now as he is undergoing some pretty radical cancer treatment at the Mayo clinic in MN. His radiation treatment ends today --- radical surgery, the loss of an eye, and 8 weeks of radiation later he's doing as well as can be expected. With all the chaos, all the stress of company, all the fun with having in-laws live with us for two-months, it's still been a good year.

Merry Christmas and God bless.

[/ QUOTE ]
Since Christmas is a religious holiday and this is the politics forum, I declare this thread to be an illegal mix of church and state. But Merry Christmas to you and your family anyway Elwood. And best wishes for a good and speedy recovery to your father in law. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

nicky g 12-23-2004 12:23 PM

My best Christmas wishes to all who celebrate it. To those who don't, enjoy the holidays. To those who aren't taking holidays, haha.

adios 12-23-2004 02:54 PM

Happy holidays to all. It's been an incredibly good year for me and my family. Heading out to northern Nevada (Wellington) on the day after Christmas to pick up of all things a pure bred bloodhound puppy as well as a little vacation jaunt. Don't know if I'll make to a Vegas poker room on this trip but almost certainly I will this spring.

ThaSaltCracka 12-23-2004 02:59 PM

hmmm... I was going to do this in OOT, but this will work

Merry Christmas to everyone, and happy holidays to the rest. Hopefully everyone has a nice, safe holiday with family and friends!

Michael Davis 12-23-2004 10:34 PM

I think even a Merry Christmas post is asking for trouble in this forum.

-Michael

Gamblor 12-23-2004 11:09 PM

Christmas

There was a great South Park tonight...

I missed the first half, but the kids get involved with Santa's workshop while Santa is off bringing Christmas to Iraq. Naturally, the "aye-rackis" fire a rocket launcher and take down his reindeer. He ends up channeling Jesus to rescue him from the Iraqis...

At the end, he gives a speech to the town, the gist of which being:

"We almost missed Christmas but a man named Jesus came and rescued me. I propose that from now on, we use this day to remember his birth."

Naturally the crowd goes wild at this suggestion.

Just classic.