Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   QQ in the BB - hated this hand (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=159441)

ccwhoelse? 12-08-2004 11:17 PM

QQ in the BB - hated this hand

villian is a tight aggressive player

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button folds, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.25 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (7.25 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 9.25 BB

i didn't know when to fold.

btspider 12-08-2004 11:22 PM

Re: QQ in the BB - hated this hand

do you have pokertracker? VPIP/PFR stats help quantify relative terms like tight and aggro. i don't have too much of a problem with a flop check-fold here if you have a read.

DeuceKicker 12-08-2004 11:38 PM

I'd bet this flop. Most players will bet anything heads once you've shown weakness. If he raises you can consider folding.

Gravy (Gravy Smoothie) 12-09-2004 12:06 AM

If you're going to take this line, you should bet/fold the river. If he raises you can be sure you are behind, if he has a worse hand he almost HAS to call.

That said, I'd think about a flop checkraise. If he 3-bets, you can fold the turn if you don't spike your Q.

Shillx 12-09-2004 12:09 AM

Flop check/raise? So much aggression here. You might be right but why not just check/fold the flop.

Shill

btspider 12-09-2004 12:13 AM

what are we hoping for though? JJ? is that it? a check-raise puts 2 bets into a 9.5 SB pot when he bets..

i don't think he has JJ often enough to warrant a 20% pot sized bet. a single flop bet may be alright if he won't auto-raise JJ. its really a rough situation.

check-fold sounds pretty weak though, i hope someone can change my mind [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Gravy (Gravy Smoothie) 12-09-2004 12:19 AM

I'd give the CO a little less credit for a monster here because of the blind-stealy nature of the situation...maybe AA-99, AKs, AKo, AQs, AQo.