Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   HUSH Moderator (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=335121)

rory 09-12-2005 01:56 PM

HUSH Moderator

Didn't HUSH vote in a moderator or something? Why are posts with LC and NC popping up several times a day? If its LC or NC how about you don't post it. Trifecta, royals, lots of action with quads, a ridiculous maniac capping every street, getting called on the river with 6 high, crying about a bad beat or a downswing. It's just wasting space, so don't post it please, especially if you know better. Since you are putting LC or NC in the topic you obviously know better, so just don't post it to begin with. It scrolls off useful posts from the main page and clutters up the forum. Thank you.

jason_t 09-12-2005 01:57 PM

Re: HUSH Moderator

rory for moderator!

Robk 09-12-2005 02:07 PM

first of all im far from voted in. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

the reason they keep popping up and cluttering the front page is that some people like reading and responding to them. i dont have the right to delete NC/LC posts. although i agree with you for the most part. just click on page 2 and check out all the strategy threads that nobody cares about.

jason_t 09-12-2005 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
first of all im far from voted in. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

the reason they keep popping up and cluttering the front page is that some people like reading and responding to them. i dont have the right to delete NC/LC posts. although i agree with you for the most part. just click on page 2 and check out all the strategy threads that nobody cares about.

[/ QUOTE ]

The solution in SS has just been to lock the offending threads.

rory 09-12-2005 02:11 PM

Who cares what some people like? We are here to discuss poker strategy-- if it is not about poker strategy it should be deleted.

Robk 09-12-2005 02:13 PM

i put this out there when i first became moderator. i seem to remember getting plenty of responses demanding to know who i was, why i was on such a power trip, defending free speech etc.

there were a few people who wanted the forum to be exlusively strategy posts but they were far from a majority.

id be much more inclined to get rid of these things if the offenders werent often regular strategy posters, with lots of posts to their credit.

pyroponic 09-12-2005 02:13 PM

I like the NC/LC posts to be honest with you, gives me a little bit of the Internet Gambling forum flavor right here. And most of it is not as gay as the stuff in the Small Stakes forum.

donger 09-12-2005 02:14 PM

What about a HUSH lounge? I don't ever really feel like talking to the people in OOT since I don't know any of them. I usually just refrain from socializing on 2+2 period. It would be fun to talk about random crap with HUSHers.

I wonder if a subforum like that would last? It would be a good place for downswing whines, trifectas, teh sexies, etc.

arkady 09-12-2005 02:14 PM

rory, you cannot delete posts that people make. unless they are extremely off topic, but even then you cannot do it. no matter how good the moderator is, we are relying on a subjective decision as to what a useless post might be and eventually we will run into a conflict.

rory 09-12-2005 02:17 PM

how about one that admits in the subject it is useless and has no content