Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Trips no kicker hand. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=292679)

kongo_totte 07-14-2005 11:20 AM

Trips no kicker hand.

Villian (SB) is 55/11 after 60 hands and has $21 . Hero is LP w/ J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

Party NL50

Pre-flop:
UTG limps, MP limps, Hero limps in CO, SB limps, BB checks,

Flop ($2:50) 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] j [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (5 players)

Checked to me who bets $2:50, only SB calls,

Turn ($7:50) J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 players)

SB checks, I bet $6, SB raises to $15 (he has $3 left)

Hero does what?

xorbie 07-14-2005 11:22 AM

Re: Trips no kicker hand.

Tough spot. Folding is probably right, but he doesn't have nearly enough $ in his stack for me to find it here, tbh.

Ghazban 07-14-2005 11:26 AM

He's the SB in an unraised pot so he could have any two cards here. He could have a boat but he looks loose enough to complete with Jx in the SB so I think you'll see him with a naked jack fairly often. Do you have any read on his postflop play? I probably call and put him in on any river, expecting to see J9 or worse a high percentage of the time. For the times when he's already full, I plan on rivering a ten and sending him into super monkey tilt land where he will give me 4-5 more buyins.

DWarrior 07-14-2005 11:31 AM

Why would you just call? He only has $3 left, wouldn't it be alright to just put him all-in then? He's obviously not folding.

unlucky513 07-14-2005 11:34 AM

for me i call this 100% of the time. he has $3 left, he's in the SB. knowing that i dont have to call anymore that $3, its an auto call.

Ghazban 07-14-2005 11:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why would you just call? He only has $3 left, wouldn't it be alright to just put him all-in then? He's obviously not folding.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously if I call, I'm calling the final $3 on the river. I think there's little to no chance he folds for the final $3 any way you play it but I think there's a fraction of a tiny bit of a percentage chance (i.e. very small) that he might fold if I raise so I'll wait and let him put it in himself.

Its really splitting hairs, though.

Maulik 07-14-2005 12:43 PM

just call and don't be results oriented here, for better or worse. He's OOP as ghaz mentioned, he may have a pair of 3s or 7s for all you know and I'd love to see that.

kongo_totte 07-14-2005 12:58 PM

While where splitting hairs whether to call or raise him all in on turn. Isn't the slight chance he is on a flush draw reason to put him in on the turn instead of waitong till' river.

Ghazban 07-14-2005 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
While where splitting hairs whether to call or raise him all in on turn. Isn't the slight chance he is on a flush draw reason to put him in on the turn instead of waitong till' river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you see a lot of check/call flop check/raise turn lines from flush draws on paired boards?

Maulik 07-14-2005 01:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you see a lot of check/call flop check/raise turn lines from flush draws on paired boards?

[/ QUOTE ]

more than my fair share.