Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Table selection at 2/4 party using PAHUD (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=395441)

gotme 12-10-2005 06:16 AM

Table selection at 2/4 party using PAHUD

I've just moved over from 2/4 at Absolute, to 2/4 at Party.

Man I learned alot at Absolute, I beat the Abs 2/4 for 2.5BB/100 and it's amazing to me to see all the loose players at Party.

Anyway, with regards to table selection at 2/4 Party, what should I look for?

I have PAHUD, but I never used it at Absolute as there were only ever 4-6 tables running.

What should I look for with PFR, VP$P for the tables?

A newbies guide to table selection at 2/4 would be great!

Thanks

Go Blue 12-10-2005 07:12 AM

Re: Table selection at 2/4 party using PAHUD

VPIP is the most important thing. Any table where the average VPIP is at least 30 is good. high average pots are also desirable.

SNOWBALL138 12-10-2005 10:36 AM

Low PFR, high average pot, and high VPIP are all nice. I can't give you any formulae for weighting these things, because I'm still trying to figure that out myself. Enjoy PP.

TheHip41 12-10-2005 10:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've just moved over from 2/4 at Absolute, to 2/4 at Party.

Man I learned alot at Absolute, I beat the Abs 2/4 for 2.5BB/100 and it's amazing to me to see all the loose players at Party.

Anyway, with regards to table selection at 2/4 Party, what should I look for?

I have PAHUD, but I never used it at Absolute as there were only ever 4-6 tables running.

What should I look for with PFR, VP$P for the tables?

A newbies guide to table selection at 2/4 would be great!

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

All I use PA for at party 2-4 is to see which tables 'not' to sit at. If you open a table, and the stats come up, and everyone is red/orange, I just close it. Or, if you see there are like 2-3 super fish at your table, vp+60, then they all leave, and you see no green, just leave.

Other than that, most tables at 2-4 are decent.

Klompy 12-10-2005 10:46 AM

anytime other then weekend nights i have a very hard time finding very many 30's i think most of the time I settle for some 26's. Am I not looking hard enough?

Octopus 12-10-2005 11:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
VPIP is the most important thing. Any table where the average VPIP is at least 30 is good. high average pots are also desirable.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am a lot more interested in the VPIP of the two loosest at the table than I am in the table average. Some of the best tables have a table average VPIP in the low 20s, with two guys in the 50s and two guys near 10. Also, I generally do not want to sit on the right of the loose ones. (It is true that a table average in the 30s is almost always good, of course.)

MelchyBeau 12-10-2005 12:56 PM

table selection at 2/4? I just open up a table that has 1 open seat, thats my selection. At 2/4 on party you shouldn't worry about table selection

Melch

silkyslim 12-10-2005 01:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
table selection at 2/4? I just open up a table that has 1 open seat, thats my selection. At 2/4 on party you shouldn't worry about table selection

Melch

[/ QUOTE ]
this is bad advice.

Klompy 12-10-2005 01:01 PM

This is horrible advice

12-10-2005 01:04 PM

I don't worry about table selection.

I am looking to improve however and the money isn't a huge thing for me.

Is table selection more about money making properties? I play to get experience so is it better to play stronger opponents?

True