Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Donked after Steal Attempt...lost (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=362160)

TheHammer24 10-21-2005 01:08 AM

Donked after Steal Attempt...lost

I'm playing 2/4 at Poker Room, my first orbit ever on the site.

I'm on the button wtih Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Folded to me I raise, sb folds, BB (Unknown) Calls

Flop 4.5 SB
K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

<font color="red"> Villian Bets, </font>Hero...

hobbsmann 10-21-2005 01:15 AM

Re: Donked after Steal Attempt...lost

I think it is close between calling and raising most turns and just raising the flop.

Borodog 10-21-2005 01:16 AM

You can probably peel one here if you like on the chance that BB will check the turn. You may have overs to 2nd or 3rd pair, plus gutshot, plus BDFD.

But I also think just folding is probably fine. Pot is small, and you really are only going to know where you are if you hit one of 4 outs.

TheHammer24 10-21-2005 01:19 AM

I think effective odds are terrible here. Sure he may have 9X or 66, but I'm still behind and I have to call 2.5 BB (assuming a call down which is probably incorrect). That is 3.5:2.5

aK13 10-21-2005 05:27 AM

Just fold.

baronzeus 10-21-2005 05:35 AM

its bullshit. almost never a K. i raise.

@bsolute_luck 10-21-2005 08:00 AM

i'd rather just call. it's doubtful you'll get a free card if not 3-bet here and he's not folding an 8 or 9 HU (obviously not read based), but we have the BDFD, possible 6 outs for OCs, and a gutshot for a peel.

PTjvs 10-21-2005 08:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that it's almost never a K. This is usually 2nd/3rd pair or a draw, but we are still often behind, and players at this level are taking 2nd/3rd pair to showdown. What's your plan after the turn raise?

jvs

10-21-2005 08:42 AM

you have 10 outs. raise and bet the turn. when he bets into you like this, he is weak.

Nick Royale 10-21-2005 09:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that it's almost never a K. This is usually 2nd/3rd pair or a draw, but we are still often behind, and players at this level are taking 2nd/3rd pair to showdown. What's your plan after the turn raise?

jvs

[/ QUOTE ]
I raise counting on having at least 7 out on average. Only a read could make me fold and I'm as good as never calling. After getting called on the flop I bet the turn for a free sd.

EDIT: if I get 3-betting on the flop I'm calling and folding the turn UI. If I get check/raised on the turn I fold.