Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   TT Heads Up in Position, Two Overcards (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=327227)

SavageMiser 09-01-2005 12:03 AM

TT Heads Up in Position, Two Overcards

UTG+1 is tight preflop, neutral postflop. I’ve seen nothing tricky in a smallish sample of hands.

FullTiltPoker $2/$4 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
1 fold, <font color="red">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="red">Hero 3 bets</font>, 6 folds, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (7.5 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="red">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, Hero ???

Should I just commit one more bet to this pot? If so, how should it go in? I’ve been having a terrible time making this kind of turn decision lately.

cwsiggy 09-01-2005 12:20 AM

Re: TT Heads Up in Position, Two Overcards

You can tell it's Full Tilt when you see UTG bets, UTG+1 raises - 6folds!!! lol - If it was party - call, call, call..... I say just check it down. You are prolly way behind here.

Harv72b 09-01-2005 12:22 AM

Check through with outs (you do have a gutshot + the 2-outer). Against a tight player with a somewhat normal opening range from EP, you're pretty much screwed on this board. Especially against a non-aggressive opponent, I'm folding to a river bet UI.

Against a loose/passive this is a bet, though.

cwsiggy 09-01-2005 12:26 AM

what does UI mean??

Harv72b 09-01-2005 12:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
what does UI mean??

[/ QUOTE ]

UnImproved. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

sy_or_bust 09-01-2005 12:28 AM

The value of checking and spiking a jack or ten should trump the vague potential of folding a better hand with a turn bet. More likely your bet is getting raised by AQo.

cwsiggy 09-01-2005 12:29 AM

thanks

SavageMiser 09-01-2005 02:28 AM

Yep, that's pretty much what I figured. Not that I played it that way at the time. I think I'm giving away too many bets in situations like this.

With a two of a suit on the board I get a bit paranoid about flush draws, but I should have been able to figure from the action that there's no way UTG+1 is on a heart draw, so I'm not giving a free card by checking; rather I'm taking the free card.

invictus33 09-01-2005 05:39 AM

If you check this through the turn villain is going to open the river just about every time. In this situation I think Hero is beat, but what about on a different board, say if that A were a 5 instead, do we still check that through?

SavageMiser 09-01-2005 07:20 AM

If that ace is a five I should probably check through still. The only thing I'm ahead of here is probably AK.

Man, middle pairs are a bear.