Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   "solid" players have NO concept of bubble play (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=399175)

1C5 12-15-2005 07:06 PM

\"solid\" players have NO concept of bubble play

Have played with villian before. Seemed solid until this. (Party $22).

Small stack is all in next hand with blinds and this guy makes a call like this.

PS, NOT a bad beat post, still got 1st place.

Just blows my mind.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (4 handed) converter

UTG (t115)
Hero (t3745)
SB (t955)
BB (t3185)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t3745 (All-In)</font>, SB calls t855 (All-In), <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (t4900) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

Turn: (t4900) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

River: (t4900) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t4900

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Kh 9d (one pair, sixes).
SB has 5h 5s (two pair, sixes and fives).
Outcome: Hero wins t2790. SB wins t2110. </font>

GtrHtr 12-15-2005 07:44 PM

Re: \"solid\" players have NO concept of bubble play

I fold this PF based on BB's and UTG's stacks. I'd rather deal with him on my own terms and not in pushbot mode.

SammyKid11 12-15-2005 07:47 PM

Well, you're missing out on lots of opportunities to pickup chips via bullying if you fold this PF. Also, I don't think OP was asking...he was just demonstrating the lack of basic bubble knowledge by many out there playing 22's.

Shillx 12-15-2005 07:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I fold this PF based on BB's and UTG's stacks. I'd rather deal with him on my own terms and not in pushbot mode.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Any 2 are getting pushed here. This is a winfall for the hero.

bones 12-15-2005 07:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Have played with villian before. Seemed solid until this. (Party $22).

Small stack is all in next hand with blinds and this guy makes a call like this.

PS, NOT a bad beat post, still got 1st place.

Just blows my mind.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (4 handed) converter

UTG (t115)
Hero (t3745)
SB (t955)
BB (t3185)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t3745 (All-In)</font>, SB calls t855 (All-In), <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (t4900) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

Turn: (t4900) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

River: (t4900) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t4900

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Kh 9d (one pair, sixes).
SB has 5h 5s (two pair, sixes and fives).
Outcome: Hero wins t2790. SB wins t2110. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get the point of posting this. Someone at the 22s sucks at bubble play? Not exactly a revelation. People will call you with any pair when they shouldn't? Okay...those of us who have played more than 20 games could have told you that.

Not to be a dick, but c'mon man. This hand is remarkably unremarkable.

playtitleist 12-15-2005 07:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

GtrHtr 12-15-2005 07:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Any 2 are getting pushed here. This is a winfall for the hero.

[/ QUOTE ]

You may be correct, I just don't think a push here with level 6 blinds is that much of a winfall. Now if the stacks were different, I could see it. Granted, the BB is only calling with AA or maybe KK, but I'd much rather push any two on level 7 or higher on the bubble.

12-15-2005 08:04 PM

Bad push by hero. Why are you risking that many chips on that hand? You aren't a short stack buddy. Stealing is one thing, but why risk being called by the BB?

Calling with a pair certainly isn't the best, but your play isn't top notch either.

playtitleist 12-15-2005 08:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bad push by hero. Why are you risking that many chips on that hand? You aren't a short stack buddy. Stealing is one thing, but why risk being called by the BB?

Calling with a pair certainly isn't the best, but your play isn't top notch either.

[/ QUOTE ]

Moral of the story: OP's claim in the subject line is spot on.

Melchiades 12-15-2005 08:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Moral of the story: OP's claim in the subject line is spot on.

[/ QUOTE ]