Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   J8s 400s (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=400430)

Slappz 12-17-2005 06:38 PM

J8s 400s

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (6 max, 6 handed) converter

MP ($873.60)
CO ($343.70)
Button ($388)
SB ($624.25)
Hero ($384.70)
UTG ($525)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $2.
UTG calls $4, MP calls $4, CO calls $4, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB (poster) completes, Hero checks.

Flop: ($20) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $15</font>, UTG folds, MP calls $15, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $70</font>, SB folds, Hero (Calls/Pushes/Folds)

Heads up id push this all day, but multiway i could be getting stuck in a 3-way hand drawing slimmmm. Whats your play here? CO could have anything from 2-pair/set/straight, and it looks like MP has a drawing hand of some sort.

12-18-2005 11:26 AM

Re: J8s 400s

This may be weak tight, but I like a fold here. You have a pretty big draw, but after losing my stack pushing in these situations many times I think that a push here has much less fold equity than one would expect. The reason I dont like a call is that you are OOP to both opponents for the rest of the hand and it would be very tough to play if you don't improve on the turn.

Gregg777 12-18-2005 05:31 PM

Out of position with only a J high flush draw, one player possibly on a draw, and another showing strength, I would fold.

If you call and don't hit the flush on the turn you will have to fold to a decent bet, and if the other caller does have a higher flush draw, your call ahead of him will price him in.

I fold and look for a better spot.

Hattifnatt 12-18-2005 05:33 PM

I would call (consider a push for a few seconds) and see what happens on the turn, you have some nice bd straight possibilities as well as the pair and the flushdraw.

Ghazban 12-18-2005 05:37 PM

Why no reads?

Calling is the worst option as it lets a better flush draw overcall and that's one hand you really want out when it looks like your middle pair is not the best made hand. I generally prefer pushing to folding but not if the raiser needs two pair or better to make the raise (in which case I like folding). If this was my first hand at the table and had never seen anybody before, I'd push and expect folds from most of CO's hand range (TPGK, flush draw of his own). If I get called, I've got a great maniac image for the rest of my time at the table.

Slappz 12-18-2005 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why no reads?

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't paying much attention to the table.

I did end up folding, mostly because i didnt feel confident pushing in that situation and if i called and MP called behind me i wouldnt know if my flush was good if it hit, and id get bet out if the turn blanked.

After i folded MP pushed and CO folded, which i thought was pretty odd in itself.