Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   50-100NL UB Hand (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=325470)

Zing Zing 08-29-2005 08:13 PM

50-100NL UB Hand

4 handed 50-100 NL UB game
Hero is UTG & Villain is on Button, the blinds are irrelevant in this hand.
Hero has ~37k Villain has ~48k

Hero has been playing fairly loose, calling a lot of raises with a wide range of hands, and also playing somewhat weak, but has used the delayed bluff quite a few times, and only caught once. Was tilty at first, but been playing for about 4-5 hours and playing his normal game again, opponent(s) may think I am still on tilt or playing a little too aggressively. Villain in this hand has been playing very aggressively, has pot bet the flop about 98% of the time he has raised preflop. Hero picked off a bluff off him for about a $12k pot about 2 hands prior to this hand. On to the hand...

Hero was dealt 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] UTG
Raised to $350 preflop, Villain reraised to $1200 on the button. Hero flat calls.
At this point Villain can have a range of hands from 77-AA and AJ-AK, has reraised me preflop a few times, but not too often. Could be just using position to his advantange in this hand and just stealing my raise with a borderline hand. Anyways us two to the flop of:

5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

At this point hero is really liking the flop, pretty decent draw, with a small chance that I am currently ahead. Hero checks and Villain bets the pot of $2550. Hero thinks for a moment and decides his plan of action, I decided to just flat call the bet, anyone raise here? If so how much, and what do you do if he pushes or just calls. On to the turn:

5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

OK so no help on the turn, I am still liking my hand and I decide to check and see what he does here. He bets the pot again at $7650. At this point I 100% rule out that my 8s alone are still good, I put him on a big overpair, unsure however whether he has a diamond or not. Normally if I call him on the flop he slows down about half the time on the turn and checks, so him betting here, especially this big indicates a fairly strong holding, I almost have him pegged for a big pair, and since he bet so big it seemed like he was trying to drive my flush draw out, so I put him on JJ-KK non diamond, and was really close to pushing right then and there on the turn, but now I think to myself I have 10 clean outs, with a strong chance that a diamond would also be good for my hand. I decided to call the bet with the intention of pushing any 4, 8, 9, or diamond. If the 4d or 9d happened to come up I would check to try to induce the bluff, and if a brick came I was check folding. On to the river:

5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Ok that is a beautiful card for me, as planned I open push for my remaining ~$25K into the ~$23K pot. Anyone make a value bet of maybe half the pot or less here? Or Check/Raise(Call Allin)?
Anyways I liked the way I played the hand on every street, except possibly the turn, that was a large bet, and maybe I don't have the odds to call that, but regardless I went with my read, maybe some odds guys can help me out there. I appreciate any responses, I rarely post and thought this was an interesting hand, especially for the amount of money put into it.
-Zing

LearnedfromTV 08-29-2005 08:23 PM

Re: 50-100NL UB Hand

Hard to imagine the hand you put him on (big pair no diamond) calling the river all-in. That hand is beat by 99-55, any two diamonds, and practically any middle suited connector. But I'm out of my element here, so I'll shut up and lurk now. I think this thread could be good.

lapoker17 08-29-2005 08:26 PM

I like the push on the end - I think it's the only chance you have of getting paid - Unless he flopped a flush, there is no hand he's betting for value on the end, so the c/r is probably out - Only thing he bets is air, and he seems to have something more than that.

Valuish bet looks weird. Your push could be a wide range, including a missed big diamond, so I like.

NH. Beautiful fing river.

bugstud 08-29-2005 08:28 PM

flop you could also lead/shove but picking off bluffs in this game is fun, too

Zing Zing 08-29-2005 08:32 PM

One thing I forgot to mention is there a probably a 50-50 chance he pays off my river allin with AA-QQ. I mean I'm not going to be calling his reraise preflop with 2 small cards, and if I had a flush he would have already heard from me, so put yourself in his spot, would you believe me for an 8 or 99? Tough decision, and I agree with lapoker the only way I get a chance to get paid on the river is open pushing.
-Zing

Zing Zing 08-29-2005 08:34 PM

I was thinking about getting it allin on the flop somehow, but quickly decided against it with such deep stacks at nearly 400xBB, if I still had my original 10K I would gladly get it allin and gamboool.

JihadOnTheRiver 08-29-2005 08:41 PM

Nobody throwin the flag here?

creedofhubris 08-29-2005 09:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
4 handed 50-100 NL UB game
Hero is UTG & Villain is on Button, the blinds are irrelevant in this hand.
Hero has ~37k Villain has ~48k

Hero has been playing fairly loose, calling a lot of raises with a wide range of hands, and also playing somewhat weak, but has used the delayed bluff quite a few times, and only caught once. Was tilty at first, but been playing for about 4-5 hours and playing his normal game again, opponent(s) may think I am still on tilt or playing a little too aggressively. Villain in this hand has been playing very aggressively, has pot bet the flop about 98% of the time he has raised preflop. Hero picked off a bluff off him for about a $12k pot about 2 hands prior to this hand. On to the hand...

Hero was dealt 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] UTG
Raised to $350 preflop, Villain reraised to $1200 on the button. Hero flat calls.
At this point Villain can have a range of hands from 77-AA and AJ-AK, has reraised me preflop a few times, but not too often. Could be just using position to his advantange in this hand and just stealing my raise with a borderline hand. Anyways us two to the flop of:

5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

At this point hero is really liking the flop, pretty decent draw, with a small chance that I am currently ahead. Hero checks and Villain bets the pot of $2550. Hero thinks for a moment and decides his plan of action, I decided to just flat call the bet, anyone raise here? If so how much, and what do you do if he pushes or just calls. On to the turn:

5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

OK so no help on the turn, I am still liking my hand and I decide to check and see what he does here. He bets the pot again at $7650. At this point I 100% rule out that my 8s alone are still good, I put him on a big overpair, unsure however whether he has a diamond or not. Normally if I call him on the flop he slows down about half the time on the turn and checks, so him betting here, especially this big indicates a fairly strong holding, I almost have him pegged for a big pair, and since he bet so big it seemed like he was trying to drive my flush draw out, so I put him on JJ-KK non diamond, and was really close to pushing right then and there on the turn, but now I think to myself I have 10 clean outs, with a strong chance that a diamond would also be good for my hand. I decided to call the bet with the intention of pushing any 4, 8, 9, or diamond. If the 4d or 9d happened to come up I would check to try to induce the bluff, and if a brick came I was check folding. On to the river:

5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Ok that is a beautiful card for me, as planned I open push for my remaining ~$25K into the ~$23K pot. Anyone make a value bet of maybe half the pot or less here? Or Check/Raise(Call Allin)?
Anyways I liked the way I played the hand on every street, except possibly the turn, that was a large bet, and maybe I don't have the odds to call that, but regardless I went with my read, maybe some odds guys can help me out there. I appreciate any responses, I rarely post and thought this was an interesting hand, especially for the amount of money put into it.
-Zing

[/ QUOTE ]

In general, I don't like calling pot-sized bets on the turn with draws.

MTBlue 08-29-2005 09:44 PM

3.4 to 1 to hit his draw and only needs to get paid off about %40 of the time to make this play work (2:1 on turn so he needs to get 1.4 x 7650 to break even) and the diamond outs give him a small bit more of equity. I don't think a fold here is bad but I think a call is at least a break even proposition and if it isn't then hero needs to jack up his bluffing frequency on the river.

lapoker17 08-29-2005 09:48 PM

For the call to be bad, I guess you're assuming his diamond outs are no good? He seemed to think they might be live.