Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   AKs: poss. maniac, capped pf, flop checked-thru, 1st to act, 3-way (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=366298)

ellipse_87 10-26-2005 11:09 PM

AKs: poss. maniac, capped pf, flop checked-thru, 1st to act, 3-way

UTG+2 is new and has raised twice in his three hands (I'm four-tabling using GT+; didn't see what he raised with). Guy on my right is a thinking TAG.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
Hero raises, 1 fold, UTG+2 3-bets, 2 folds, MP3 caps, 4 folds, Hero calls, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: (13.50 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 players)
Hero checks, UTG+2 checks, MP3 checks.

Turn: (6.75 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 players)
Hero...

MrWookie47 10-26-2005 11:18 PM

Re: AKs: poss. maniac, capped pf, flop checked-thru, 1st to act, 3-way

Check. Sample size TOO SMALL. Get PokerAce HUD.

ArturiusX 10-27-2005 12:32 AM

Weird. Check-fold.

detruncate 10-27-2005 05:20 AM

Hi elipse_87.

I don't think anything good is going to result from betting this turn. We don't know much about UTG+2's hand since he didn't get a chance to cap pf and could have found several reasons to check to MP3 that don't involve having a weak hand. I also don't love it when the pf capper checks through a ragged flop like this 3-way.

10-27-2005 05:49 AM

* grunch *

With all the betting preflop it is strange that no one decided to lead on the flop. I probably would have bet out to see where everyone was at, with the idea to call one bet but probably fold to two. If by chance you lose one of these guys before the turn, as well, that would dramatically improve your chances.

Anyways, back to the question at hand, on the turn you have to now check/fold. I have to think MP3 has a smaller big pair say QQ-TT, possibly AK, AQ, KQ suited. We can figure UTG+1 for more hands than your TAG, of course, but it is difficult to narrow him down without a bet on the flop. All of this popped into PokerStove you about 16% equity on the turn so about a $1. You are out of position and have to fear a raise so check and then lay it down to a bet.

ellipse_87 10-27-2005 12:20 PM

My mistake in this hand was reading too much into the three hands UTG+2 had played to date. Seems ridiculous on its face, I know, but my thinking had been conditioned by two previous newcomers that day who had stolen pots from me with junk.

Lets say you had better reason to suspect that UTG+2 might be on a joy ride. Is the proper play to bet out and fold MP3's AK with a raise by UTG+2? That's what I did, but I lost to UTG+2's QQ.