Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   AA ... Lots of Heat (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=402664)

JTMoney42 12-21-2005 08:13 AM

AA ... Lots of Heat

Problem:

I'm really not sure what I should be doing here... Is it a easy call down, close fold, or a 3bet?? I'm new to short handed and are in situations facing a turn raise a lot, and am not sure how i need to be reacting to these raises. The two hands I'm beating here are AK and KQ, AK more so. But his play is more in line with a set or 2-pair. Am I seeing monsters?

Reads:

UTG- (23/13/1.6) I had played with him before, his stats from a different day was something like (30/18/3) but today he was playing a bit more passive.

BB ( 40/16/1.6) Random doofus, don't remember anything particular about his play

PokerRoom 5/10 Hold'em (5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (9 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (9 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG Raises</font> Hero....

Cancuk 12-21-2005 08:18 AM

Re: AA ... Lots of Heat

you can fold the turn. you're *probably* drawing dead when UTG calls two cold on the flop then pops the turn.

fold it.

Chairman Wood 12-21-2005 08:25 AM

Players like UTG don't call two cold without a really strong draw or a slowplayed (probably silly to slowplay on this board multiway) hand such as a set or QT. That really strong draw just came in and you are now drawing dead to whatever he has. Fold.

POKhER 12-21-2005 09:00 AM

Fold, Dam i hate folding! im such a calling station!

imported_leader 12-22-2005 12:17 AM

Yeah you can fold this. The flop CC followed by a turn raise when the [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] draw hits is an extremely strong move from a TAG. Not to mention it's a protected pot. You're very rarely if ever good here. certainly not ~1 in 7.

Buckmulligan 12-22-2005 12:56 AM

I think we can fold the turn.

As for the flop, I like calling the two and waiting for a safe turn to reevaluate.

Brice 12-22-2005 01:03 AM

Alright, what if the hero had the ace of clubs? Would we call or re-raise to take back control of the hand. Or is there another reason for raising?

imported_leader 12-22-2005 01:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Alright, what if the hero had the ace of clubs? Would we call or re-raise to take back control of the hand. Or is there another reason for raising?

[/ QUOTE ]

3-betting would be bad. call and get to SD on any A, [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] or board pair on the river.