Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   $109s - Q5o Hand (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=372133)

Unarmed 11-04-2005 10:06 PM

$109s - Q5o Hand

Villain looks semi-aggro, but hasn't had to show anything down yet. I haven't played many hands.

Seat 5 is the button
Total number of players : 5
Seat 5: papafatstaxs ( $2555 )
Seat 6: bigraise22 ( $2353 )
Seat 7: Me ( $1202 )
Seat 8: tonyvon ( $2720 )
Seat 9: Cidermill189 ( $1170 )
Blinds(75/150)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Me [ Qh 5s ]
tonyvon folds.
Cidermill189 folds.
papafatstaxs calls [150].
bigraise22 calls [75].
Me checks.
** Dealing Flop ** [ 6h, 9h, Td ]
bigraise22 checks.
Me checks.
papafatstaxs checks.
** Dealing Turn ** [ Qc ]
bigraise22 checks.
Me checks.
papafatstaxs bets [150].
bigraise22 folds.
Me calls [150].
** Dealing River ** [ Th ]
Me checks.
papafatstaxs bets [600].
Me calls [600].

Where's the converter at these days anyway?

bluefeet 11-04-2005 10:08 PM

Re: $109s - Q5o Hand

i'd play it the same exact way - so i hope it's right [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

edit: to elaborate a bit - IP, he's leading with either the FD or the T. his river lead is a little to big IMO for a "value bet" vs. what could be a drawing blind. a bigger Q sucks, but i'd expect a bigger representation on the turn. i think you're good more times than not.

bigt439 11-04-2005 10:10 PM

I hate checking that turn. A lot. You can let a lot of hands draw against your hand which is almost definitely the best hand right now and be very confused on the river. Just take it down now with a 2/3 pot bet.

I love checking that river. You're only really getting value out of snapping off bluffs, so value betting seems like a good way to give money to better hands and just get worse ones to fold. Check calling seems a good way to maximize the value of your hand.

microbet 11-04-2005 10:13 PM

I do not play it that way. I almost never play a hand the way you do. Still, I think we are both doing ok.

You certainly have a different style and have given me as much to think about as almost any other poster.

What percentage of flops do you see?

pineapple888 11-04-2005 10:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hate checking that turn. A lot. You can let a lot of hands draw against your hand which is almost definitely the best hand right now and be very confused on the river. Just take it down now with a 2/3 pot bet.

I love checking that river. You're only really getting value out of snapping off bluffs, so value betting seems like a good way to give money to better hands and just get worse ones to fold. Check calling seems a good way to maximize the value of your hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get it. OP has a very weak hand on the river. Behind to a flush, a ten, various straights, and a Q with a real kicker.

I guess I take a shot on the turn, but I'm done with the hand after that if I don't take it down.

bones 11-04-2005 10:28 PM

one version

I still have to do some editing when I use it.

bigt439 11-04-2005 10:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get it. OP has a very weak hand on the river. Behind to a flush, a ten, various straights, and a Q with a real kicker.

I guess I take a shot on the turn, but I'm done with the hand after that if I don't take it down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Think about how the villain would play some of the hands that beat us which you described above. Not a lot of them check the flop closing the betting. I'm not saying we're always ahead, and that we're 'trapping him', but I think check calling the river minimizes what we lose when behind and maximizes what we win when we're ahead.

KingDan 11-04-2005 10:50 PM

How often do you think you get called if you push this preflop?

bigt439 11-04-2005 11:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How often do you think you get called if you push this preflop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Too much. Button limps are suspect, but it depends on the player.

Maulik 11-04-2005 11:34 PM

I like snapping off bluffs here, at the same time I don't think you are beating many hands.

If any queen bets, you're beat. I don't think you're going to show profit too much given this spot.