Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Wierd Hand (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=407762)

crunchy1 12-30-2005 03:40 PM

Re: Wierd Hand

[ QUOTE ]
Do you really thinkg SB is 3-Betting this pf w.o JJ-AA with those stats?

[/ QUOTE ]
Top 5% of hands would be something like 99+, AJs+, KQs, AKo. You've got decent equity against this range. Note that his PFR matches his VP$IP - this leads me to believe one of two things: 1) He's raising almost every time he enters a pot (which means ALL the hands I mentioned above) 2) your read isn't very good. I think you're a decent poster - but I'm more inclined to believe #2. I can't ever recall seeing a 5% VP$IP player in several hundred thousand hands.

[ QUOTE ]
I capped pf to take control of the hand in position. On the flop, a 3-bet puts a lot of bets in there when I'm likely behind of SB.

[/ QUOTE ]
Then why not fold the flop. If you're sure your behind - you don't have odds to continue. Fold. Otherwise.... raise that [censored] up. You've got plenty of equity against a reasonable SB range and the donkey.

12-30-2005 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Top 5% of hands would be something like 99+, AJs+, KQs, AKo. You've got decent equity against this range.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's 5% preflop raise, not 5% preflop 3bet.

gopnik 12-30-2005 03:49 PM

I am folding the flop, SB has you pummeled.
I am not sure if I'd cap preflop against a timid players reraise.

crunchy1 12-30-2005 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Top 5% of hands would be something like 99+, AJs+, KQs, AKo. You've got decent equity against this range.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's 5% preflop raise, not 5% preflop 3bet.

[/ QUOTE ]
He's also a 5% VP$IP... If he's playing 5% of his hands and also raising 5% of his hands he's raising every hand he enters the pot with. I understand that the 3-bet means more than a raise. In this case however, I think you're looking at a wider range than QQ-AA. The presence of the idiot in the pot certainly gives us enough equity to push our hand a bit. If we 3-bet the flop and SB folds and two cards bigger than a jack we've done something good.

If there was another read to suggest that we are, in fact, only looking at QQ-AA here then we shouldn't be capping PF or putting any bets in after the flop without a set.

thejameser 12-30-2005 03:59 PM

if he is raising everytime he would be 5/100

crunchy1 12-30-2005 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
That's not the way that I understand PT calculates PFR. Perhaps I'm incorrect.

EDIT: Can the OP provide the # of hands, AF, WSD% and W$SD%... I'm just curious.

TheHammer24 12-30-2005 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Do you really thinkg SB is 3-Betting this pf w.o JJ-AA with those stats?

[/ QUOTE ]
Top 5% of hands would be something like 99+, AJs+, KQs, AKo. You've got decent equity against this range. Note that his PFR matches his VP$IP - this leads me to believe one of two things: 1) He's raising almost every time he enters a pot (which means ALL the hands I mentioned above) 2) your read isn't very good. I think you're a decent poster - but I'm more inclined to believe #2. I can't ever recall seeing a 5% VP$IP player in several hundred thousand hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

He raises 5% of his hands. We should intuitively conclude that he 3 bets a lot less than that especially OP. Just because he's 5/5 doesn't mean he automatically plays AQs everytime for a raise regardless of circumstances. I'm thinking you are reading too far into this.

[ QUOTE ]
I capped pf to take control of the hand in position. On the flop, a 3-bet puts a lot of bets in there when I'm likely behind of SB. [ QUOTE ]

Then why not fold the flop. If you're sure your behind - you don't have odds to continue. Fold. Otherwise.... raise that [censored] up. You've got plenty of equity against a reasonable SB range and the donkey.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that this was the way to play the hand.

Nick Royale 12-30-2005 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Top 5% of hands would be something like 99+, AJs+, KQs, AK.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is correct. The rest of your reasoning is way off imo. First of all when I read a post I assume the stats are over a decent ammount of hands, at least 200+, unless OP points out that the read is vague. I don't think analysing how the stats look and judge how many hands they are over is what we should be focusing on doing when replying to a post. Btw, when his stats is 5.5/4.5 it suggests that 1 hand is at least 1% and because of that this sample is at least 100 hands big, probably bigger.

SB raises 5% of his hands, that's including blind steals and openraising, yet he's still not raising more than 5%. Add to that he's extremely tight which probably don't makes him unpredictable or acting on random. I think he's 3-bet oop tells us pretty clear that we're dealing with really strong hand, AA-QQ is likely his range, add a few discounted AK/JJ combos and you're still in a really bad shape.

TheHammer24 12-31-2005 01:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's incorrect. If he's raising every hand he VP$IP it would be 5/5 20/20 100/100 etc. PFR can never be greater than VPIP

crunchy1 12-31-2005 04:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's incorrect. If he's raising every hand he VP$IP it would be 5/5 20/20 100/100 etc. PFR can never be greater than VPIP

[/ QUOTE ]
That's what I thought.

I really think you need to decide on the flop if you've got equity against the SB. Either you're 3-betting and trying to knock out his high-card combos - or you're folding.