Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   luckiest woman of the day....parachute deployed wrong and she lives. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=397636)

whiskeytown 12-13-2005 02:41 PM

luckiest woman of the day....parachute deployed wrong and she lives.

Skydiver jumps - chute fails -

she fires the reserve chute - it pretty much fails - and she's spinning out of control and hits the parking lot face first at 50mph.

she's prays to god to not make it hurt when she dies, but when they get to her she's sitting up and asking if she's dreaming. (although she says she can't remember doing this....I suppose not..)

she's alive and so is her 2 week old fetus. Yes, in the hospital she found out she was pregnant...whoops.

Luckiest woman of the day.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/...n1120132.shtml

she's a cutie too - the footage of the fall has to be seen to be believed. - Her fellow jumper caught it and he's screaming at her as she spirals out of control - unreal.

EDIT: - OK - she's a cutie in the original dive footage - the Early Show footage, well, Jeez - her face hit the damned pavement at 50 mph, but she'll recover, I'm sure, just like that Supermodel who survived in the Asian Tsunamni and is as hot as ever.

Glad it had a happy ending.

RB

jesusarenque 12-13-2005 02:43 PM

Re: luckiest woman of the day....parachute deployed wrong and she live

I was going to post this earlier because I love this quote:

"To hit the ground belly first -- that's dangerous. I mean at any stage of pregnancy that's dangerous. That's not something you want to do let alone at 50 miles per hour," Richardson said.

Brilliant analysis.

jakethebake 12-13-2005 02:48 PM

I guess the instructor didn't consider the impact on his business before he sold the tape to CBS. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

trying2learn 12-13-2005 02:52 PM

"Richardson now has 15 plates in her face for fractures after four operations. She also suffered two breaks in her pelvis, as well as a broken right fibula."

this is why i will never be skydiving...this is best case scenario if something goes wrong and you make it.

whiskeytown 12-13-2005 02:53 PM

since she also appeared on the CBS Daily show discussing the ordeal, I suspect the girl authorized it to be released - whether it was sold is questionable.

you're right though...It certainly doesn't make me wanna skydive too badly but I'm sure I'll get around to it someday [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

RB

kagame 12-13-2005 03:07 PM

its safer to do once than driving to work every day im sure...

Alobar 12-13-2005 03:16 PM

meh, the video was dissapointing.

and im sorry, but she didnt hit the pavement face first at 50mph

offTopic 12-13-2005 03:17 PM

Re: luckiest woman of the day....parachute deployed wrong and she lives.

[ QUOTE ]
she's a cutie too

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, yeah. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] Look at the 11/7 pic, or search for "Shayna Richardson"

whiskeytown 12-13-2005 03:30 PM

HA - nice find -- [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] - bet THAT tickled the nipples a bit - heh...

RB

HopeydaFish 12-13-2005 09:15 PM

I think the fact that her parachute didn't open properly is decidedly UNlucky.