Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Seat change? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=249350)

Zoltri 05-10-2005 12:28 PM

Seat change?

I'm not a big component of changing seats when running bad. I just figure it's all the same and it shouldn't matter. Well, after being dealt dead cards for 2 hours the 'hot' player cashed out and left...I took his seat.

The 30 minutes after he left was like a dream. Three full house, straights, flushes, and one 4/kind. Most of these hands were made on the flop or turn, I didn't need the river card..it was unreal. In all the years I have played I have never had a run of cards like that before. I could sense the table was getting pissed so I played the humble bumble..what else could I do? My stack was so big I couldn't stop staring at it. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Maybe, there is something to a seat change after all.

SheridanCat 05-10-2005 12:48 PM

Re: Seat change?

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe, there is something to a seat change after all.

[/ QUOTE ]

What would there be to it, then?

Congrats on the nice win.

Regards,

T

mts 05-10-2005 12:55 PM

How do you know if your once previous unlucky seat will continue to be unlucky and your newfound lucky seat will continue to be lucky?

I sense a little sarcasm so i won't attempt to bash you :P

Zoltri 05-10-2005 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How do you know if your once previous unlucky seat will continue to be unlucky and your newfound lucky seat will continue to be lucky?

I sense a little sarcasm so i won't attempt to bash you :P

[/ QUOTE ]

Please, spare me the banter. The sarcasm was meant to be a joke.

onegymrat 05-10-2005 01:01 PM

When I started playing poker years ago, I was always afraid of moving seats because I didn't know when my seat would get "hot". So if I left, I may be missing the "rush" I was about to get. After a few years of serious studying and playing, those thoughts simply disappeared.

You had a unique experience based on a seat change that was probably illogical. I'm glad you had that great run of cards. We could all use that once in a while.

mts 05-10-2005 01:02 PM

i was not serious either douche

Zoltri 05-10-2005 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i was not serious either douche

[/ QUOTE ]

My, you must be a treat in person.

mrkilla 05-10-2005 01:18 PM

Understand that you cant change a random event. Which i think was sorta said [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Your seat may get hot the second you leave.

Hermlord 05-10-2005 02:24 PM

If it makes you feel any better, I instantly understood that you do not seriously believe in hot and cold seats, and were just relating an amusing anecdote.

Subtlety is hard on the Internet; then again, some people are just dense.

P.S. I remember my absolute coldest streak at a B&M, Mirage 3-6. Without exaggeration, I didn't play a hand for 4 hours, except some blind hands folded on the flop. The guy running hottest left, and I took his seat. Partially just to be doing *something* different, partially to convince the gamblors I was one of them. Well, I got to spend the next two hours folding from a different seat :-)

TakeMeToTheRiver 05-10-2005 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not a big component...

[/ QUOTE ]

CD player? Tuner? Turntable?

[ QUOTE ]
com·po·nent n.
(1) A constituent element, as of a system.
(2) A part of a mechanical or electrical complex.
(3) Mathematics. One of a set of two or more vectors having a sum equal to a given vector.
(4) Any of the minimum number of substances required to specify completely the composition of all phases of a chemical system.

[/ QUOTE ]

proponent maybe?

Anyway, whenever I change seats I claim that my seat was "unlucky" or just uncomfortable. Usually, the change is for a more advantageous position at the table. Sometimes its just to be more comfortable.