Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   "Illegal" rebuy option in party R&A tournaments! (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=379106)

Peter Harris 11-15-2005 06:13 PM

\"Illegal\" rebuy option in party R&A tournaments!

Playing in a rebuy tournament on party; i noticed that if a player with over 1k in chips goes all in, they can rebuy whilst someone is making a decision, get 1k more chips for next hand then get their chips returned - has this been reported? It's a prolific glitch in rebuy software.

** Dealing River ** [ Jh ]
Player is all-In [5172]
Opponent folds.
Player does not show cards.
Player wins 5892 chips
Re-buy: Player re-buys 1000 chips and the chip stack increases from 5892 chips to 6892 chips.

Is this serious? Party must know people can screw the system like this.

Regards,
Pete Harris

krimson 11-15-2005 06:15 PM

Re: \"Illegal\" rebuy option in party R&A tournaments!

They have known about this for a while. Sidebets and blackjack were their top priority.

Benal 11-15-2005 06:17 PM

They know about it and dont care. I suggest you starting doing it too.

Peter Harris 11-15-2005 06:28 PM

Thanks

I know that one of the greatest weapons in a poker players arsenal is knowing local rules (see splitting openers in gardena, cf Anthony Holden[?]). Fear my push-rebuy-stack up chips move.

GrannyMae 11-15-2005 08:01 PM

i played in a $5 rebuy the other day and took 10.

thx potty!

Artsemis 11-15-2005 11:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Playing in a rebuy tournament on party; i noticed that if a player with over 1k in chips goes all in, they can rebuy whilst someone is making a decision, get 1k more chips for next hand then get their chips returned - has this been reported? It's a prolific glitch in rebuy software.

** Dealing River ** [ Jh ]
Player is all-In [5172]
Opponent folds.
Player does not show cards.
Player wins 5892 chips
Re-buy: Player re-buys 1000 chips and the chip stack increases from 5892 chips to 6892 chips.

Is this serious? Party must know people can screw the system like this.

Regards,
Pete Harris

[/ QUOTE ]

It's how you win Party Rebuys. You need about 40x the buy-in and you're almost golden!

...it's also the reason I dont play Party rebuys.

11-16-2005 12:15 AM

I was only at a table once when someone was doing this and I didn't rebuy once yet had the same amount of chips. If some schmuck wants to invest $100 in a $5 rebuy then play sub-optimal poker and give me a great chance to double up on numerous occassions, thats fine with me.

dogsballs 11-16-2005 01:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was only at a table once when someone was doing this and I didn't rebuy once yet had the same amount of chips. If some schmuck wants to invest $100 in a $5 rebuy then play sub-optimal poker and give me a great chance to double up on numerous occassions, thats fine with me.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I can add 1k to my stack every time I declare myself all-in during the rebuy period, there's a good chance I might start playing these tourneys.

jman220 11-16-2005 01:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If I can add 1k to my stack every time I declare myself all-in during the rebuy period, there's a good chance I might start playing these tourneys.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah but you have to pay a rebuy each time....

Photoc 11-16-2005 02:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i played in a $5 rebuy the other day and took 10.

[/ QUOTE ]

10 rebuys? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]