Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Johnny Cash (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=383685)

RacersEdge 11-22-2005 10:34 PM

Johnny Cash

This movie that is out got me thinking - what is the appeal of Johnny Cash? His backwoods dreariness was always kind of creepy to me, and his musical talent was pretty limited. Are there actually Cash fans here that could defend him?

tdarko 11-22-2005 10:39 PM

Re: Johnny Cash

[ QUOTE ]
His backwoods dreariness was always kind of creepy to me

[/ QUOTE ]
whats wrong with being kind of creepy? this is part of the appeal to some of the old school cowboys is their edge. he can be haunting at times, he can be soulful at times, and then there are times he is just good country & western. plus i like the way he tells stories more than anything.

InchoateHand 11-22-2005 10:39 PM

I doubt many of us are going to try and convince a moron of anything.

JaBlue 11-22-2005 10:40 PM

He's just a great songwriter. Like Bob Dylan.

istewart 11-22-2005 10:42 PM

But he's white JaBlue. Thus by your definition, he cannot have soul. And those without soul suck at life.

Is this a good summary of your position?

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

RacersEdge 11-22-2005 10:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dylan was also a bad singer, but at least some of his songs sound good when good bands got a hold of them. Can Cash say the same? (The only song I know of his is "Walk the Line" - a pretty mediocre song IMO.)

JaBlue 11-22-2005 10:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But he's white JaBlue. Thus by your definition, he cannot have soul. And those without soul suck at life.

Is this a good summary of your position?

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

So where's that list of 10 soulful white singers? We've just unearthed one more... what does that make, like 4? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

InchoateHand 11-22-2005 10:45 PM

If you only know one song, then shut the [censored] up. You don't have to like him, but you just suck at life.

istewart 11-22-2005 10:46 PM

Inchoate, I like your style.

ThaSaltCracka 11-22-2005 10:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dylan was also a bad singer, but at least some of his songs sound good when good bands got a hold of them. Can Cash say the same? (The only song I know of his is "Walk the Line" - a pretty mediocre song IMO.)

[/ QUOTE ]

you sir, are a moron.