Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Multi-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   LP A-K Question. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=212121)

shutupndeal 03-12-2005 08:11 PM

LP A-K Question.

Hi Good People,

I was just playing in a med sized tourney ($30) and it has just been one of those tourney's ya know? I played I believe 6 hands in total in a game that I made past the first break. 2 of those hands came in the last 2 rounds of blinds right before the "cutoff" (payoff places, the money or whatever U wanna call it). I wanna know if anyone thinks I made a mistake and here was my situation.
As I said it was a VERY slow tourney as far as hands to play and I am pretty good at waiting for one good run which will normally happen when your playing and living right! : )
Well with the blinds now at 300-600 I had a shade under 4K left moneywise and I got a fre blind play, I had K-4o and it came K-7-3 rainbow with 3 players. I checked of course, the next player who called the blinds from seat #2 checked and the last player checked?? Ok, next card is the 6D and again I check, NOW the player in seat #2 bets what is left of his cash which was only 260 and I thought Ok he may have the K but I doubt it, he would be dumb if he had a decent kicker with only 300 left and let us take free shots right, so more likely he has something like a Med pair in the pocket or hit a pair with an A-whatever suited. Player #3 calls which shocked me because I am almost certain he doesnt have anything but of course he must have been a maniac playing a draw with an A, as theres no other way to call this hand without a K. Then there I am STUCK......... I of course didnt like it and the way I was running was waiting for an A to fall if I played on but without anyone betting on the flop and an unraised pot before the flop I was pretty sure I had the best hand so far. With the #2 seat the bettor I did make 1 mistake here and it was big but never hurt me, I of course MUST BET so as not to give the guy on the draw a free shot but in retrospect with a bet he folds without a doubt and he missed anyway so like I said it didnt hurt me. The pplayer in the #2 seat had Q-K, lol and took the hand but Ok hes a terrible player what can I say and so theres my 1st Q, did I do wrong to call this bet on the turn? I cant see how really? (Ok, now Ill make this fast cuz it was)

Q2, now we go to break..........
After the break I am in the catbird seat and grab Ad-Kd but there were 3 other players and with the blinds now at 400-800 I figure the A's may be dead or close to it and so I am looking really sharp here and I refuse to play scared so I raised it 1k, only 1 player calls me he has an A-4 unsuited and hits the 4.....lol, just one of them days.

Q2 Bad raise from the catbird seat??

The last hand I played I grabbed an AK again, the very next hand it I had the blinds coming back around with only 6 players at the table and so I shoved it in ( a shade under 2K) figuring the only way to win just maybe BEFORE we flop for Petes sake!! The day was brutal, was I on tilt, No not at all I promise you, so heres Q#3.

Should I have flopped and went from there but if you cant bet AK what can U bet?? Oh the hand..... well the only guy that called had a pair of Aces!! : )

I mean, what was I going to do, wait for the blind again?? Play something better than AK?? I know we cant win everyday and thats the VERY FIRST THING all of us successful players understand and some days are totally uphill battles but I was actually proud of my starting hand play but if anyone see's something that I didnt please comment. I do to be fair have the end of the flu and I prob shouldnt have played but I def wasnt in over my head here so I played on.
Thanx people!!