Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Nasty AJo hand, after posting in CO (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=306948)

DrunkHamster 08-03-2005 03:43 PM

Nasty AJo hand, after posting in CO

OK, obviously I just sat down, so I have no reads. However, bear in mind this is a typical .5/1 table.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero (poster) calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>.

Well, I have a fairly decent hand, possibly dominated,although for 1 more bet I don't really want to fold.

Flop: (5.50 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, Hero...

OK, so I flopped an A, the flop is monotone, and I get bet into. What would you guys do?

aK13 08-03-2005 03:48 PM

Re: Nasty AJo hand, after posting in CO

call call call.

EDIT: That is if no spades drop.

GTSamIAm 08-03-2005 03:49 PM

I might 3-bet pf because I posted so I could get it heads up. Raise flop.

DrunkHamster 08-03-2005 03:57 PM

What could he have, raising in UTG+2, that I beat but would still pay off? ATs is about all I can think of. If he has AK,AQ,AA,KK, or 2 spades I am sunk, and he will 3 bet me. If he has JJ,TT,KQ,KJ,KT, he is going to back off very fast to a flop raise, and probably fold the turn. Either way, I think raising the flop is wrong. This seemed to me a standard WA/WB, so I called.

McGahee 08-03-2005 03:59 PM

Raise or fold on a [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]? I'm thinking raise.

Chuckles1248 08-03-2005 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What could he have, raising in UTG+2, that I beat but would still pay off? ATs is about all I can think of. If he has AK,AQ,AA,KK, or 2 spades I am sunk, and he will 3 bet me. If he has JJ,TT,KQ,KJ,KT, he is going to back off very fast to a flop raise, and probably fold the turn. Either way, I think raising the flop is wrong. This seemed to me a standard WA/WB, so I called.

[/ QUOTE ]

GT is saying re-raise preflop, not raise the flop.

hold_em 08-03-2005 04:06 PM

i see what you are saying, but i raise the flop. check behind on the turn, bet call the river(assuming no more spades). If a spade comes check fold. IMHO.

imported_The Vibesman 08-03-2005 04:07 PM

I think I'd just call down here unless a fourth spade fell. Some hands he has beat you, but some don't. He could have JJ or QQ w/ one spade. ATs and KQs are other possibilities. I don't see much value in raising, weaker hands will fold and stronger hands will call or raise.

DrunkHamster 08-03-2005 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Raise flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I take his point about 3 betting preflop, but I think AJo is a little to weak to try an isolation play, especially if we don't know if the raiser is sane or not.

GTSamIAm 08-03-2005 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

GT is saying re-raise preflop, not raise the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I said raise both. Preflop, I'll invest another SB to try and get it heads up. On the flop, I want to take the pot or get out now. It is likely he has me beat. If he doesn't, I need to charge him to draw to a flush. How strong do you anticipate villain to play back if I raise? I don't like a call down because you usually aren't way ahead. You're either slightly ahead or way behind.