Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (LC) Plauged by a play I don't understand.... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=402376)

Snarf 12-20-2005 10:13 PM

(LC) Plauged by a play I don\'t understand....

I've been seeing this all the time lately...Can someone explain this to me?

(No sarcasm - I actually want to know the thought process behind it...IF there is one...)

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t600 (3 handed) converter

Button (t4045)
SB (t4380)
Hero (t6575)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t1800</font>, SB calls t1200.

Flop: (t3400) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t1800</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to t2530</font>, Hero calls t730.

================
I *KNOW* the guy outplayed me with his paired King-in-the-hole POST-flop...
...felt priced into calling his all-in...
(Should I fold there?..)

I only ever will make this play against a villain who I think will check/fold the flop *IF* he calls the raise PF and *IF* he doesn't pair.

I know that I get aggressive late in tourneys and the guy thinks to double up if he hits...but he loses half his stack when he doesn't...

So....
1/3 of the time he doubles up...
2/3 of the time he loses half his stack...

In all honesty - I want to know what these fish/weak-tight players are thinking.

Edit: I'm gonna start check/folding King high flops in these spots.

12-20-2005 10:16 PM

Re: (LC) Plauged by a play I don\'t understand....

Your completion/no raise was shouting weakness to him. Hate to say this, but he outplayed you preflop too.

Snarf 12-20-2005 10:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your completion/no raise was shouting weakness to him. Hate to say this, but he outplayed you preflop too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Re-read post please. You got it backwards. His completion/no raise shouted weakness to ME.

trainslayer 12-20-2005 10:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So you think Hero is actually the SB and not the BB?

I don't have a response for the hand tho. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] I'da checked behind a 'spect.

12-20-2005 10:49 PM

The big blind is t600, he has 4000 behind, if your going to raise him, put him all in.

Snarf 12-20-2005 10:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The big blind is t600, he has 4000 behind, if your going to raise him, put him all in.

[/ QUOTE ]

that could easily be the real lesson here....

Incidently I've done the same move deeper stacked w/re-raises (and better Aces) and still gotten called from King highs before..

no comments on the even possible fishie thinking?

12-20-2005 11:04 PM

well, reraising someone is different than what your doing here.

His limp says that he wants to see a flop as cheap as possible (or he is trapping with AK,AA-QQ), by pushing your making it as expensive as possible. Obviously he doesn't want this and will fold. In my limited use of this play the SB has folded about 80% of the time.

Snarf 12-20-2005 11:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In my limited use of this play the SB has folded about 80% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine too....thus the point of the play...

and I figure his check means:
a) Top pair
b) He has crap and will fold

Worth the shot on the flop?
He could pair the turn if I don't....

but a shot on the turn is probably better as I'm reducing the cards that beat me to ONE (from three)... assuming he'd bet the king on the turn if I checked the flop...

runner4life7 12-20-2005 11:26 PM

i push preflop

tigerite 12-21-2005 08:18 AM

Just jam preflop. Much easier.