Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Home Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   4-color KEM or Copaq like decks (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=243621)

Flozzle 05-01-2005 07:16 PM

4-color KEM or Copaq like decks

Hi all,
I apologize if this has been asked before (I searched the archives over the past year but didn't hit anything). I'm looking for an online source for 4 color poker decks that are of the KEM or Copaq quality.

Thanks,
Chris.

warewulf 05-01-2005 07:43 PM

Re: 4-color KEM or Copaq like decks

Only paper so far.

smoore 05-01-2005 07:50 PM

Although I can see the advantages, the disadvantage is HUGE. When some people deal I can tell if the card is red or black. If I saw four blues go out when I have two diamonds in my hand then I'm going to know my outs... not so if they are just red or black.

I could probably use my wedding band for a shiner while dealing to know the suits of everyone's hand, although I wouldn't know the ranks.

bingledork 05-01-2005 09:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Although I can see the advantages, the disadvantage is HUGE. When some people deal I can tell if the card is red or black. If I saw four blues go out when I have two diamonds in my hand then I'm going to know my outs... not so if they are just red or black.

I could probably use my wedding band for a shiner while dealing to know the suits of everyone's hand, although I wouldn't know the ranks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hear this line alot about why 4-color decks are bad, and I think it's total bunk. By that logic, we should only use an all-black deck with no paint and no pips.

If you have a dealer exposing cards, that needs to be fixed no matter what type of deck you're using.

Lots of people are traditionalists, so I understand why one wouldn't like a 4-color deck, but logically it makes no sense.

TheShootah 05-01-2005 09:55 PM

I agree. I like the 4 color decks! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

TomHimself 05-01-2005 10:00 PM

get cut cards if you can see the deck and have the dealer slide the cards slowly lol

StevieG 05-01-2005 11:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi all,
I apologize if this has been asked before (I searched the archives over the past year but didn't hit anything). I'm looking for an online source for 4 color poker decks that are of the KEM or Copaq quality.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.4colordecks.com is going out of business and selling decks in units of 50 @ $1 per

I have a sample deck, and they are quite nice. But 50 decks is a commitment.

duma 05-02-2005 03:49 AM

can you say... Group Buy!

SamIAm 05-02-2005 03:57 AM

I agree with Lennon. If colors are bad, then we should go with 1-color decks. Otherwise, 4Color is the way to go. The only reason to stay with red/black is tradition. With cut-cards, they're plenty secure.

Playing online, 4ColorDecks are teh b0mb. (When talking about online stuff, it's important to use leet speak. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]) Multitabling, it's imperative. If you're only playing 1 table, it's just cool lookin'.

Besides, without the 4ColorDeck, how are you going to get blue flushes? You gotta have blue flushes.
-Sam

hunterking 05-02-2005 09:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi all,

Thanks,
Chris.

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="purple">check out this link</font> to a similar discussion on <font color="purple">chiptalk.net</font>

hk