Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   $55's... Poker > My Business History Paper... Ah, procrastination (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=376197)

bigt439 11-11-2005 02:44 AM

$55\'s... Poker > My Business History Paper... Ah, procrastination

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t150 (6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Hero (t1620)
SB (t2065)
BB (t1305)
UTG (t1770)
MP (t2793)
CO (t447)

Preflop: Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls t150, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero ?

Why do I not know what to do in these situations?

bones 11-11-2005 02:46 AM

Re: $55\'s... Poker > My Business History Paper... Ah, procrastination

How often has MP limped so far?

J-Lo 11-11-2005 02:46 AM

fold

Bigwig 11-11-2005 02:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is important. I'm okay with limping, folding, or pushing here. Read dependent. I think I'd lean toward limping. Yes, I know. I like to play postflop. Sue me.

ace_in_the_hole 11-11-2005 03:41 AM

This is a VERY good post IMO. I think with that stack I would limp, if I was closer to 1200 I would push and get caleld by big stack who limped AA. Good post. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

bigt439 11-11-2005 03:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A general rule with my posts is that I don't have any reads. This is because I simply send my hand histories to myself while I'm playing them and go over them often 1 or 2 weeks after they've actually occurred. It's unfortunate because it would be nice to outline a given situation better, but it's also nice because then people address the situation given different reads.

So in short, I have no idea how much MP has limped.

bigt439 11-11-2005 03:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
fold

[/ QUOTE ]

Replies like this are starting to bother me more and more lately, and I know I'm guilty of doing it sometimes myself. If the question is an easy one or you're echoing the general concensus of a group, then one word answers are cool.

But replies like this, in this situation, aren't helping me or any of the other posters. At all.

bones 11-11-2005 03:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If he's a chronic limper but will fold to a raise, I'll push.

If he's a chronic limper that doesn't like to be pushed around and will call with KJ,77 etc. I'll call.

If he rarely limps, I'll pass.

If he limps once or twice per orbit, I'll call (although I think calling here is inviting aggressive players from the blinds to push and pick up all of the dead money).

bigt439 11-11-2005 03:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If he's a chronic limper that doesn't like to be pushed around and will call with KJ,77 etc. I'll call.

If he limps once or twice per orbit, I'll call (although I think calling here is inviting aggressive players from the blinds to push and pick up all of the dead money).

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks dude. I appreciate the input and taking the time to outline different scenarios. To me it seems like the best way to really analyze a hand anyways, but I know it can be a pain writing 2 or 3 responses.

bennies 11-11-2005 08:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If he's a chronic limper that doesn't like to be pushed around and will call with KJ,77 etc. I'll push .

If he limps once or twice per orbit, I'll push .

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks dude. I appreciate the input and taking the time to outline different scenarios.

[/ QUOTE ]

I appreciate it too [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]