Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   AK U/I..Am I even close? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=352777)

Perseus 10-07-2005 07:52 PM

AK U/I..Am I even close?

Villian is unknown

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, MP calls, Button calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, MP calls, Button calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP folds, Button calls.

River: (7.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 7.50 BB

Cancuk 10-07-2005 08:15 PM

Re: AK U/I..Am I even close?

standard?

RunDownHouse 10-07-2005 09:49 PM

I'd be hard pressed to fire on that turn. HU I'd bet it, but with two opponents in the hand and tons of outs, the last thing I want to do is pay two bets for the river.

Thoughts?

ArturiusX 10-07-2005 09:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd be hard pressed to fire on that turn. HU I'd bet it, but with two opponents in the hand and tons of outs, the last thing I want to do is pay two bets for the river.

Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Check-call.

10-07-2005 09:52 PM

You should see 77 or 66 here a lot, but you don't know that until you bet the turn and get called. I play it the same way.

NH.

thesharpie 10-08-2005 07:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're also checking a turn blank correct? Just want to make sure you're not betting just because you have outs. What about a Q and blank turn in position against 2 opponents?

Duerig 10-09-2005 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're also checking a turn blank correct? Just want to make sure you're not betting just because you have outs. What about a Q and blank turn in position against 2 opponents?

[/ QUOTE ]

This may be wrong, but I'd rather bet a turn blank so I can feel ok folding to a raise. Also, if the turn is some low rag like a 3, I feel more confident that it didn't pair one of my opponent's hole cards.