Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Common situation, raised on turn (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=219190)

NoTalent 03-24-2005 10:13 AM

Common situation, raised on turn

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, BB calls, UTG folds, MP folds.

Turn: (6.75 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero ?

Final Pot: 12.75 BB

Can you get away from this? Raise preflop in MP with a Strong hand, TPGK and get reraised on the turn. BB is quite loose passive just calling along with any part of the flop.

J.R. 03-24-2005 10:17 AM

Re: Common situation, raised on turn

calls getting almost 10-1

ArturiusX 03-24-2005 10:33 AM

Might be up against a turned set of 5s, a very tough laydown to make though.

Another hands could be A5 or 85, which you have a few outs for each.

I'd call down.

krishanleong 03-24-2005 10:45 AM

No way you can lay this down. You have to hope he's getting frisky with a weak ace or you'll counterfeit his 2 pair on the river. Easy call down with a hand with showdown value.

Krishan

TMFS9 03-24-2005 11:04 AM

I find this is a common line for a weaker ace out of the blinds, and I sometimes take this line with a weak ace on a A Q x board where I feel villan is betting middle pair and will pay off a raise. What I have been doing in your situation is calling the turn and raising the river. I find that it's much harder for them to 3 bet you on the river with two pair and they will certainly call the raise with a weaker A, as I expect to be shown a weaker A with much greater frequency than 2 pair or a set.

NoTalent 03-24-2005 12:19 PM

That's what I did, and what I usually do in these situations. Last night I ran into 6 or 7 of these where I had top pair top or good kicker and bet all the way and got bumped back on the turn or river.

lostinthought 03-24-2005 12:24 PM

I call down here against all but the most tight passive opponents.

Rubeskies 03-24-2005 01:44 PM

Villain could be on a complete bluff once the button folds leaving it HU. It isn't actualy a terrible time to bluff in a decent sized pot if he has a read that you can make folds. He could be doing this with a small pair, pp, 2 spades, or even nothing at all.

This is just another reason to call down. Especially with the wackos that play 6-max.