Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Anyone know what the hell I am doing? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=299785)

krishanleong 07-25-2005 12:06 AM

Anyone know what the hell I am doing?

Party Poker (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
I raise UTG and get called by MP only.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
bet, call.

Turn: J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP checks.

River: 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, bet, I call???

Krishan

ghostface 07-25-2005 12:09 AM

Re: Anyone know what the hell I am doing?

It seems like he could have literally a ton of hands that beat you here. The line he took would work for 22, 33, 55, Axs, and Axo. I think you lose this a lot more than 4/5 times.

Kyle 07-25-2005 12:13 AM

I usually bet this turn. I dont know if this is correct or not. What are everyone's thoughts on the hero's turn decision?

ghostface 07-25-2005 12:14 AM

And when the river blanks?

Danenania 07-25-2005 12:17 AM

Have to bet the turn. Many many hands will be peeling on that flop and the J should be a scary card to your opponent. And even if you get raised your equity will normally be pretty good with so many outs. I'm not too worried about an MP coldcaller having a 4. Hell you will have the best hand on this turn a good amount of the time too.

Kyle 07-25-2005 12:18 AM

Gotcha. Easy check call then. Right?

goofball 07-25-2005 12:18 AM

Bet the turn, bet the river based on lots of things.

krishanleong 07-25-2005 12:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Have to bet the turn. Many many hands will be peeling on that flop and the J should be a scary card to your opponent. And even if you get raised your equity will normally be pretty good with so many outs. I'm not too worried about an MP coldcaller having a 4.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, the turn was atrocious. How is the river?

Krishan

ghostface 07-25-2005 12:18 AM

How is it an esay c/c on the river? I'm so lost.

ALL1N 07-25-2005 12:20 AM

I do hope you were checkraising this turn and not checkcalling. I'd usually just bet it though.