Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   KT dangerous flop (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=296031)

Supern 07-19-2005 01:09 PM

KT dangerous flop

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
3 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls, BTN folds, SB calls, Hero checks.

Flop: (5 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] - 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] - J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (5 players)
SB bets, Hero folds

- No reads on SB. I was thinking dangerous board, first guy bet out and 3 left to act

aK13 07-19-2005 01:12 PM

Re: KT dangerous flop

Uhhh...please raise. Folding is by far the worst option.

wireMan 07-19-2005 01:14 PM

What limits? You've got three limpers and the SB completing. You've hit top pair with a mediocore kicker, straight and flush draws. If you are that scared of the other 3, raise to drive them out, don't fold. If it is reraised back to you call and see the turn.
I would raise this here, your hand could very well be the best right now, push your advantage while you have it.

07-19-2005 01:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Folding is by far the worst option.

[/ QUOTE ]

deception5 07-19-2005 01:22 PM

This board is not bad for you. For one thing you have top pair good kicker. You are very often ahead of SB who could be betting K4, JT, T9, any 2 spades. When you are behind you have the ten of spades for a backdoor flush draw (3rd nut) and 2 possible backdoor straight draws (a 9 or a queen give you an open ended straight draw). Since the bettor is to your immediate right I would raise for value and to try and eliminate players.

Supern 07-19-2005 01:23 PM

The limit is 0.25/0.5.
One thing to keep in mind is that not many players are raising with KQ or KJ at this limit on this site.
Many are limping with AK as well.

I know it is way too weak. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

deception5 07-19-2005 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The limit is 0.25/0.5.
One thing to keep in mind is that not many players are raising with KQ or KJ at this limit on this site.
Many are limping with AK as well.

I know it is way too weak.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true.

But it's also true that they are limping with K2-K9. And there are more combinations of those [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Supern 07-19-2005 01:28 PM

Outcome

SB wins it after betting all the way with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

Henke 07-19-2005 01:30 PM

And SB might be betting his wrap around backdoor gutshot with 32o [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Supern 07-19-2005 01:33 PM

Hehe you are right of course.
Too bad I didn't have any read at all on him.

I use Pokertracker of course but this SB player is new to me.

I am a bit weak at times like these with TPGK.
But even if I am ahead here (which I don't know for sure of course) I could lose this pot to either a straight, flush or an Ace.