Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Hey Grunch (No strat. content) (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=236766)

jaxUp 04-21-2005 11:45 AM

Hey Grunch (No strat. content)

How is rebuilding your BR going? Did u make it past .5/1 yet?

GrunchCan 04-21-2005 12:16 PM

Re: Hey Grunch (No strat. content)

Yea, I moved to 2/4 a while ago. Its going really well. Fortunately I'm running pretty well. My winrate exceeds my abilities, and I'm just fine with that. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Right now my BR is back to about 1300. I'm going to sit back and grind 2/4 for now, since that's what I was doing before the tax thing. I'm headed up to 5/10, but I'm not in a hurry to get there. I was in a big hurry to get back to 2/4, so I reduced my BR requirements to the minimum. I'll wait for 300 BBs before moving to 3/6. Then I'll want at least 300 BBs before moving to 5/10, and I'll want to do some bigtime data mining before I move too. We'll see what happens then.

Meanwhile, I think I'm going to start taking shots at the 100+9's again pretty soon. I'll probably just do what I did before - skim the profits from a 2/4 session to pay for the buyin. If it goes well, the MTTs should start funding themselves, and I'll be back on the trail.

An interesting thing happened during my rebuild period. My PT icon changed for the first time since it became a moneybag. Now I'm a smiley face. Even if I filter out everything but 2/4, my stats are still smileyface stats. And you know what? I'm fine with that.

SCfuji 04-21-2005 12:18 PM

i like my fish icon.

jaxUp 04-21-2005 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yea, I moved to 2/4 a while ago. Its going really well. Fortunately I'm running pretty well. My winrate exceeds my abilities, and I'm just fine with that. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

This describes my last 2 weeks. I am on a 300BB upswing at 2/4 and loving it [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].

Are you planning on moving to 5/10 full, or 6max? If 5/10 full, what site do you plan on playing at?

[ QUOTE ]
Meanwhile, I think I'm going to start taking shots at the 100+9's again pretty soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have this kind of balls. Or tourney skills to go along with them.

[ QUOTE ]
An interesting thing happened during my rebuild period. My PT icon changed for the first time since it became a moneybag.

[/ QUOTE ]

I lost my PT d-base, and now that I've restarted, I'm a smiley face too, and I couldn't be happier. I love being a loosey.

Good luck in the MTTs and getting up to 5/10.

GrunchCan 04-21-2005 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you planning on moving to 5/10 full, or 6max? If 5/10 full, what site do you plan on playing at?

[/ QUOTE ]

Both, but full to start. Empire.

gvibes 04-21-2005 03:32 PM

I must have about zero confidence in my ability. My BR is at ~1600 or so, and I'm still grinding 1/2 (or at least I was, until my motherboard crapped out on me three days after my 2001fp was delivered).

tiltaholic 04-21-2005 03:42 PM

hey- don't worry about your BR vs what level you are playing. my BR >5k and i am "still" basically grinding at 1/2 and getting comfortable at 2/4. the "level" that one plays at is irrelevant. the other day, i saw a 60% asf table at 5/10 on absolute, so i played 3 orbits - woot. nobody "plays at" a certain limit...it's all psychological.

MrWookie47 04-21-2005 04:41 PM

60% ASF? Dang. I'm going to have to keep my eyes on the higher tables, I guess, since the lower limits are less than half that typically.

Oh, and I guess there's also the requirement to, you know, grow some stones to play at the higher limit. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

kenberman 04-21-2005 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Even if I filter out everything but 2/4, my stats are still smileyface stats.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been a [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ever since I got Pokertracker - even back in the fall when it wasn't cool!

GrunchCan 04-21-2005 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Even if I filter out everything but 2/4, my stats are still smileyface stats.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been a [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ever since I got Pokertracker - even back in the fall when it wasn't cool!

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] is the new $