Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Fun hand against a big fish (LC) (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=397713)

ahnuld 12-13-2005 04:53 PM

Fun hand against a big fish (LC)

This was at a 400nl 6max table on party. Villan bought in short and is really bad. He loves to get allin preflop with KQ 55 type hands, raises way too much, bluffs too much ect. Just generally bad. I think he has 180 at this point.

Anways, he limps, I make it 15 on button with 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], he calls. Flop is J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Villan checks,
I bet 15, villan min riases. I think he has [censored] and im a donk at times so I call. Turn is a 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. He checks, I check behind. River is a 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], I miss everything. Villan checks, I bet 30 into the 90 pot becuase once again I think he has nothing. Villan min raises to 60. I think if he had anything he bets turn into me or leads river. So I push him allin for an extra 75 bucks.

He folds, I show the hand, and man did the chips fly after that until he left the table (after going broke).

Riverman 12-13-2005 05:01 PM

Re: Fun hand against a big fish (LC)

yawn

iceman5 12-13-2005 05:05 PM

The river reraise is horrible (especially against a fish). Its $75 to him with a $315 pot. A fish is calling with just about anything at all.

scdavis0 12-13-2005 05:07 PM

standard

although i usually put in a min re-raise on the river instead of push

rwanger 12-13-2005 05:21 PM

This is actually pretty funny.

The turn was basically the only street you played correctly.

On the river, you are being bluff min-raised because villian knows you don't have anything. It's his own fault for not sacking up and checkraising a real amount, because he would have taken it down.

Although I do love the fact that you had the chance to show this hand to him. Did the rest of the table start going after YOU after that?

yvesaint 12-13-2005 05:23 PM

yo ahnuld you were tearing up prima earlier today

but i gotta say, you check-mini-raising me is frustrating

ahnuld 12-13-2005 05:36 PM

That was you? Once I had nothing, once I had a set (I think). PM me your username and ill tell you later on. Ya, I raped prima for 1k in about an hour. Good week so far.

As for the hand, I dont think river is the worst play ever. I read him as really weak (like no pair) so what am I gonna do, let him have it for 30 bucks? Call him down with T high? Nah, push and get him to fold his Q high. The play only has to work once in 3 times to be profitable.

iceman5 12-13-2005 07:44 PM

Its real easy to say this is "standard" when ahnuld already said he folded.

Post this hand next month without results and I bet people tell you the river reraise is bad.

Hattifnatt 12-13-2005 07:46 PM

I think it chip spewing long term. But nh anyway.

Big_Jim 12-13-2005 08:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Post this hand next month without results and I bet we get into a pointless argument where everything comes down to reads

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP