Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Multiple Party accounts on one IP address (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=400471)

12-17-2005 08:24 PM

Multiple Party accounts on one IP address

****NOTE: This is NOT a post regarding "gnoming"***

I'm home from school for the winter which obviously equals a lot of poker playing. Currently, my brother plays Party Poker, but not regularly. Will it be a problem if I am also playing on my home IP address? Please note, we will NOT be playing at the same time. This is in no way an attempt at collusion. I'm just wondering if it's safe for two accounts to play from the same IP address at DIFFERENT times.

Thanks guys.

swiftrhett 12-17-2005 08:35 PM

Re: Multiple Party accounts on one IP address

Probably it's ok. Make sure his password is different from yours.

smartalecc5 12-17-2005 08:37 PM

where in illinois, by me?

Custer 12-17-2005 09:17 PM

You can play at the same time from 1 IP address. The system will keep you from sitting down at the same table.

12-17-2005 09:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You can play at the same time from 1 IP address. The system will keep you from sitting down at the same table.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? Didn't know that...cool. I guess I don't have anything to worry about then.

GrannyMae 12-17-2005 10:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? Didn't know that...cool. I guess I don't have anything to worry about then.

[/ QUOTE ]

you can play same multi-table tourneys, just not ring or sNg

Rudbaeck 12-17-2005 10:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

More to the point, you can never again sit down at the same table. Doesn't much matter unless you like to occasionally beat up your brother. But better safe than sorry I guess.

StellarWind 12-18-2005 07:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
More to the point, you can never again sit down at the same table.

[/ QUOTE ]
... with anyone that your brother lets play on his computer past, present, or future.

You might want to think carefully about this.

theRealMacoy 12-18-2005 07:55 AM

hmmm....you make a rather an interesting point.

teddyFBI 12-18-2005 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you can play same multi-table tourneys, just not ring or sNg

[/ QUOTE ]

I've always wondered about this...doesn't that mean you could easily end up at the same table in a MTT?? Maybe not a huge MTT, but how about just one of the SNG MTTs...? Seems pretty ripe for cheating.