Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Multi-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Am I the only person playing online poker... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=385940)

J.Copperthite 11-27-2005 01:24 AM

Am I the only person playing online poker...

...that physically stacks poker chips in front of me to represent my stack size in whichever tournament I am playing? I find it helps me make decisions that may be for a good percentage of my stack, and it also gives me practice handling my chips for when I play live. Does anyone else do this while they play online?

MeanGreenTT 11-27-2005 01:28 AM

Re: Am I the only person playing online poker...

[ QUOTE ]
...that physically stacks poker chips in front of me to represent my stack size in whichever tournament I am playing?

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhhhhhhh, yes? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Now I will admit to practicing chip tricks...LOL

KneeCo 11-27-2005 01:30 AM

I have a stack of ten chips I do tricks with, but no, the stack is in no way correlated with my stack in any tournaments I am playing.

Odd practice, my guess is you're alone on that one. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

J.Copperthite 11-27-2005 01:38 AM

Thats what I figured. My wife finds it strange too [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Benal 11-27-2005 02:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
...that physically stacks poker chips in front of me to represent my stack size in whichever tournament I am playing? I find it helps me make decisions that may be for a good percentage of my stack, and it also gives me practice handling my chips for when I play live. Does anyone else do this while they play online?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's hilarious.. but you're kidding right?

ononimo 11-27-2005 02:23 AM

i want to see you shove "all-in" and send your chips all over your computer desk.

Hotrod0823 11-27-2005 02:29 AM

Do you race off your small denomination chips [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] ?

Kaeser 11-27-2005 02:47 AM

I'm also curious, do you physically count your bets out and move them forward?

Ogre 11-27-2005 03:12 AM

i tried this once because i was bored while playing 1 table. i quit after the antes started because it got too hard. i made the FT that tourny so it must help [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

davidross 11-27-2005 03:20 AM

I riffle a stack in order to keep my hand off my mouse and force myself to think before I click, but th estack stays the same. I do change colours for th enight of the week though...