Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   I think I should check this turn...?? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=310400)

@bsolute_luck 08-08-2005 11:51 AM

I think I should check this turn...??

UTG+2 just sat down ~5 hands ago. only preflop raise i've seen is TT and cold calls with overcards (ATo to be specific). nothing postflop

BB is loose/passive. doesn't even bet TPpair. had AK in SB and check/calls down turned-trips.

Hero is UTG: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="red">Hero raises</font>, UTG+2 cold calls, folded around to BB, BB calls

Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, BB calls

Turn: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
BB checks, <font color="blue">Hero...??</font>

i want to bet, but i'm wondering if this is one of those "check with outs" moments??

TripleH68 08-08-2005 11:57 AM

Re: I think I should check this turn...??

I have learned my lesson being raised in these situations.

"Check with outs" looks good to me.

Edit to add that the pot is pretty small.

2+2 Junkie 08-08-2005 11:59 AM

This could be weak, but I check here. You could easily be raised by the Q, and you don't want to pay two bets to see if your overcards or flush hits.

Aaron W. 08-08-2005 12:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
UTG+2 just sat down ~5 hands ago. only preflop raise i've seen is TT and cold calls with overcards (ATo to be specific). nothing postflop

BB is loose/passive. doesn't even bet TPpair. had AK in SB and check/calls down turned-trips.

Hero is UTG: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="red">Hero raises</font>, UTG+2 cold calls, folded around to BB, BB calls

Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, BB calls

Turn: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
BB checks, <font color="blue">Hero...??</font>

i want to bet, but i'm wondering if this is one of those "check with outs" moments??

[/ QUOTE ]

Against two villains and another broadway card falling, I don't think you're best very often here. Check-call.

Chris Daddy Cool 08-08-2005 12:02 PM

"checking with outs" is difficult to do when you're not last to act.

08-08-2005 12:06 PM

I think this is a raise because you have 2 overcards (3 outs, might not be good) 9 flush cards, and 3 jacks (jack of heart counted) 15 outs i think is enough to raise.

benkath1 08-08-2005 12:25 PM

I really want to bet this too. I know I shouldn't, but I know I would.

BB being loose and passive, taking a free card here might not be bad. If you bet the turn and UTG+2 raises and BB folds, what are you thinking?

@bsolute_luck 08-08-2005 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"checking with outs" is difficult to do when you're not last to act.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't understand? are you suggesting to check/fold or bet or what?

i figure i'm probably not best, but my hand is strong enough to call if UTG+2 does bet.

baronzeus 08-08-2005 02:54 PM

Assuming you have 4.5 overcard outs, 3 straight outs, and 8 fllush outs (not the Q) you are sitting on 15.5 outs and 3 way this is essentially a value bet (if you think they will both call)

@bsolute_luck 08-08-2005 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really want to bet this too. I know I shouldn't, but I know I would.

BB being loose and passive, taking a free card here might not be bad. If you bet the turn and UTG+2 raises and BB folds, what are you thinking?

[/ QUOTE ]

i figure he has something that beats TP, so i have to hit my flush or straight to win is what i'm thinking.