Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Upcoming Good Actors (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=380080)

theBruiser500 11-17-2005 01:27 AM

Upcoming Good Actors

I don't know if he can be considered a new and rising actor but Phillip Seymour Hoffman is really a top actor, on par with other actors like Deniro, Dustin Hoffman etc. He's really great in Capote. Even when he has little parts like in Big Lebowski he really nailed it. He's also very good in Love Liza.

Sightless 11-17-2005 01:28 AM

Re: Upcoming Good Actors

Ed Norton?

jason_t 11-17-2005 01:29 AM

De Niro has fallen apart lately imo but Hoffman is still one of the best actors in the world.

banditbdl 11-17-2005 01:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
De Niro has fallen apart lately imo but Hoffman is still one of the best actors in the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

The movie still isn't that good with him, but Hoffman absolutely carried Meet the Fockers on his back from start to finish. The gap between him and DeNiro was jarring.

11-17-2005 01:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know if he can be considered a new and rising actor but Phillip Seymour Hoffman is really a top actor, on par with other actors like Deniro, Dustin Hoffman etc. He's really great in Capote. Even when he has little parts like in Big Lebowski he really nailed it. He's also very good in Love Liza.

[/ QUOTE ]

How 'bout Neil Patrick Harris

theBruiser500 11-17-2005 01:36 AM

the point isn't that dustin hoffman and denire are bad now, simply that seymour hoffman is rising to their level of greatness.

Exitonly 11-17-2005 01:36 AM

not sure he can be considered new anymore, but Jake Gylenhaal (botched spelling) is the [censored]. Really.

Also, Ryan Reynolds.

And Ed Norton i guess same thing goes, i dont considerhim up and coming thouhg, he's arrived (same as the other two i mentioend though)

thirddan 11-17-2005 01:37 AM

its true that actors like deniro and pacino have fallen off dramatically in their recent efforts, but their previous body of work should maintain them as two of the best film actors ever...

Cunning Linguist 11-17-2005 01:41 AM

Peter Sarsgaard was awesome in Garden State and Jarhead.

banditbdl 11-17-2005 01:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the point isn't that dustin hoffman and denire are bad now, simply that seymour hoffman is rising to their level of greatness.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry for the hijack, and Hoffman has always ruled. I can't remember a movie he was in that I saw where he wasn't one of the unquestioned highlights. Somebody needs to find him a Groundog Day type role where he can play a strong comedic lead.