Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Hellmuth and Math (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=361104)

Notorious G.O.B. 10-19-2005 07:35 PM

Re: Hellmuth and Math

That's probably the hand where Hellmuth laid down top two against Howard's set. I believe it's in his second book, I've seen it on the web somewhere, as well.

Vincent Lepore 10-19-2005 08:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He had the KJ dude dominated with his AK.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right "dude" Helmuth had the AK. I believe that I said, (with a bit of humor but true nonetheless) I wonder if more people will take a shot at him. When a poker player makes what he calls "grest" laydowns, then advertises them he exposes himself at being shot at by good and not so good poker players with mediocre hands. I bet that "GENIUS" Helmuth finds that happeneing more and more often. I believe that it is one of the reasons that not so GENIUS Eric Seidel does not want to show his hole cards on tv or anywhere else. But what does he know.

Vince

CieloAzor 10-19-2005 09:37 PM

If the guy with AA bets the flop, Hellmuth goes broke. I'm sure he was much more concerned about QQ and AQ than the two case aces. Of course, the decision wasn't made any harder by the amateur's overbet and easy demeanor.

TomCollins 10-19-2005 09:38 PM

Or he realized the only hand hes ahead of is KK. Behind AQ, behind AA, behind QQ... Hmm.

Gomez22 10-19-2005 10:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The board was AQTT when the guy (who struck me as the kind of guy who is normally a passive player) bet $10k.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, it was 44AQ....

Aytumious 10-19-2005 11:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Or he realized the only hand hes ahead of is KK. Behind AQ, behind AA, behind QQ... Hmm.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the amateur had half-bet the pot on both the turn and the river and Phil had folded, I would have been slightly impressed.

10-20-2005 01:36 AM

What's the difference? Phil would stil get him talking and get a read if Chris is right.

Bluff Daddy 10-20-2005 01:59 AM

you dont even have to talk, he can see into your soul

Shaun 10-20-2005 03:27 AM

If that Q doesn't hit the turn Hellmuth doubles that guy up. He made a good fold, but he tought the guy had QQ. If the turn is a 7 I doubt he mucks it.

wutevahung 10-20-2005 11:23 AM

wow, u guys r giving hellmuth wayyy too much credits on this one.

i saw that on the tv, i was actaully laughing cause it was ridiculous how hellmuth was like "HOW MANY PEOPLE GET AWAY FROM THIS?" wow i m saying more than half of the people on this board can and i dont even think the turn matters.

dood, a passive old man reraised you preflop and checked on a A44 board, what do you think he has??? if he had KK he would ve bet and tried to bluff his way out.

i thought the perfect play there shoudl ve been put like 3/4 of the pot, then i doubt hellmuth will muck it, probably reraise and then fold to an all in or something.