Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Astros decide not to offer Roger arbitration............... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=393774)

sublime 12-07-2005 10:00 PM

Astros decide not to offer Roger arbitration...............

There are already 92 rumors that the Yankees will sign him.

Voltron87 12-07-2005 10:07 PM

Re: Astros decide not to offer Roger arbitration...............

OMFG

Dynasty 12-07-2005 10:13 PM

Clemens is devoted to pitching in that World Classic in March. So, I wouldn't be surprised to see him take April off and resign iwth the Astros. It's a unique situation.

Aceshigh7 12-07-2005 10:27 PM

He started to break down near the end of last season. I believe he will take a couple of months off and re-sign with the Astros next May or June and be in top condition for the stretch run and the playoffs.

TheNoodleMan 12-07-2005 10:57 PM

I honestly just want him to pitch somewhere, even if it is for a team I hate. The guy is the best I have ever seen and I want to watch him pitch as long he can. I'd love to see him get 400 wins, I know its a pipe dream but damn that would be something.

sublime 12-07-2005 11:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Clemens is devoted to pitching in that World Classic in March. So, I wouldn't be surprised to see him take April off and resign iwth the Astros. It's a unique situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree 100% although i am pretty sure the astros declined him arbitration for selfish reasons and not to make life easier on roger.

i highly doubt he ends up in NY (or boston etc)

Voltron87 12-07-2005 11:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i highly doubt he ends up in NY

[/ QUOTE ]

nothing anyone says can destroy my hope

Jack of Arcades 12-08-2005 12:11 AM

Roger would suck in NY.

Voltron87 12-08-2005 12:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Roger would suck in NY.

[/ QUOTE ]

dont care.

wonderwes 12-08-2005 01:29 AM

The Astros have not done a damn thing this off season. Their new GM sucks. I dont see why they would not offer him the money. Every home game he pitches he sells out the stadium (even in the early month of the season).

He pretty much owns the city of Houston. Grew up here, UTexas graduate, and has tons of local endorsement deals. Him and Andy Pettite really are good buddies. I just cant see him going to the Yankees because he enjoys being back in his hometown. Going back to the Yankees just doesnt seem possible. I dont think the grind of the NY media and just living in on the east coast is what he wants to do at the end of his year. I am still amazed he can still pitch at his age. He will go down as one of the greatest pitchers ever.