Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Why are these threads... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=383813)

B00T 11-23-2005 02:03 AM

Why are these threads...

Allowed to be made?

Seriously, they are the worst. Threads like THISare so friggin annoying. You have to click the thread just to see something dumb inside. There is so much effort to clean up 00T and try and get rid of trash and these posts are always about and they never have any good content. There are so many posts where you have no idea what they are and the "subject" is misleading or provides no info as to what is inside.

This can also be said for the 2-4 threads a day just titled WTF, or "check this out".

Do these annoy anyone else? Should this be something the mods should lookout for and try and remove altogether? I have a feeling I am in the minority as nobody has mentioned this before, but I have a feeling other people don't like it either.

Clarkmeister 11-23-2005 02:04 AM

Re: Why are these threads...

This post is retarded on so many levels. 85.

Brainwalter 11-23-2005 02:04 AM

I thought they are allowed to ban them.

Your post has no content either.

11-23-2005 02:04 AM

I agree, but what is that star for?

B00T 11-23-2005 02:05 AM

The post has plenty of content as one of these posts to illustrate how f'n dumb they are.

B00T 11-23-2005 02:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You care to elaborate? Go ahead and flame me if you want, but I think it has merit.

whiskeytown 11-23-2005 02:12 AM

I've gone on record as saying a forum system similar to slashdot.org's would be a lot better then the current one and would make everyone happy.

1. - Group moderation - no more moderators making judgements based on a personal dislike.

2. - You can rate threads and filter based on a rating. On Slashdot, I've modded that bastard up to +5 threads or higher so that I can avoid all the flame trolls, retards, and kids with nothing better to do so I can just get the meat.

Don't wanna read a post about how some guy is dicking some other girl behind his girlfriend's back? - block all future posts - remove it from my view - that would rock totally.

As the forums grow, a better system is needed - the individual moderators were a nice plug in the leak, but it needs to be repaired. I understand Mason is considering a revamp to the forums - a major one.

This would go a long way to alleviating everyone's headaches - as it stands, we can block posters, but we still have to look at them and read "You are ignoring this user" - that's not ignoring -

But maybe I'm one of the people you're talking about...in which case, a solution to the Whiskeytown/OOT problem is very close to being implemented by myself.

RB

tonypaladino 11-23-2005 02:15 AM

Meh, I don't like thread titles that are basically misleading, but ones like the one you linked to, the title WTF usually indicated it's something stupid, so I usually avoid threads like those unless I'm really bored, or it has like 40 replies so it must be somehting good.

Besides, joshman gave us the vote for my kids school thread, so he should be given a pass.

The Dude 11-23-2005 02:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] You care to elaborate?

[/ QUOTE ]
You don't get it, and that amuses me.

Clarkmeister 11-23-2005 02:19 AM

What's shakin?