Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   I feel horrible after playing this hand (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=367062)

Sightless 10-28-2005 01:49 AM

I feel horrible after playing this hand

Both Button and UTg seem fishy.

UTG is fairly new to the table, but seems to play 77% of hands and seems to raise preflop a good fifth of the hands that he plays..

I played with Button a lot, he likes to bluff when I show weakness or just throws a random donkbet every now and then..and he called me down a few times with no good made hands, once with K high

he is 65/5/1.12 over about 100 hands

I wanted to go for a checkraise on the flop because I knew if UTG would bet, there was a decent chance that button would call him with nothing... but it all backfired on me

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (7 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG calls, Button calls.

Turn: (9.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

River: (15.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 21.50 BB

jason_t 10-28-2005 01:51 AM

Re: I feel horrible after playing this hand

You can't overcall the river check/raise.

Weatherhead03 10-28-2005 01:55 AM

I wouldnt call that river personally. UTG or Button has you beat.

Sightless 10-28-2005 01:59 AM

Some of my reasoning for why I overcalled...

How did UTG know that Button was not going to check it when he went for the c/r, that dint make any sense to me.If he has a strong hand, he bets out. Given Button's tendency to bet when shown weakness I didnt put him on any real hand.. and when he(Button) just called UTG c/r I assumed I might still be good here often enough to make this call and such a large pot.

meh this might be a very wrong line of reasoning

trainslayer 10-28-2005 02:12 AM

I think I 3bet preflop against these to yahoos. and that changes the complexion on the rest of the hand.

I lead the flop and if he still likes his hand well enuf to 3bet I go into call down mode.

Nfinity 10-28-2005 02:16 AM

I think I like betting out the Flop here. Trapping everyone for 2 when one of them might have you beat puts you in a bad situation. Not to mention a free card on that board would screw you hardcore.

I think you have to find a fold somewhere on the River as well. After villian's second check-raise of the hand, just fold and use this opportunity to boot up notepad.

Nfinity 10-28-2005 02:20 AM

3-bet Pre-Flop doesn't sound bad at all.

ArturiusX 10-28-2005 02:24 AM

Remember my thread about betting the flop? Exhibit A [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Just bet to get money in the pot, even though the board looks safe, it can turn nasty with a T, J, 8, or a king. Get bets in the pot early.

I like your cap. You can fold the river to the check-raise; you're never ever good here.

ArturiusX 10-28-2005 02:25 AM

Oh, and easy 3-bet preflop.

10-28-2005 02:37 AM

If UTG is unknown (semi-laggy read) I think that if calling the river is a mistake, it is not a very big one. I played some .5/1 tonight just for kicks b/c I'm on a big downswing at 2/4 and 1/2, and I was just amazed how these 60VPIP/1-2AF types were playing.

EDIT: I also think that button overcalling makes pretty much no difference here. He has not been showing much aggression, and he seems retarded, so we have him beat a vast majority of the time.