Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Blatantly racist posts (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=345584)

HopeydaFish 09-27-2005 04:29 PM

Blatantly racist posts

There was some concern awhile ago from the higher ups at 2+2 that some of the posts in the message boards (particularly OOT) would scare away customers and/or didn't reflect well on 2+2 as a whole.

I just finished reading the "What kind of black is David Williams" thread (it was moved to Politics). It seems like every day there's some wannabe Klansman on here making racist posts about blacks, jews, asians, etc... Some of the posts are harmless and are not meant to be taken seriously, but there are a good number of posts that I see every day that are made just for the sake of being hateful and bigoted.

I don't think that racism should be tolerated on these boards. It gives a bad image to the 2+2 community as a whole. If people want to post their racist crap on the internet, 2+2 is under no obligation to allow them to do it here.

So here's my poll:

swede123 09-27-2005 04:32 PM

Re: Blatantly racist posts

Ignore the trolls and they will go away. Post polls about them and they'll multiply.

Swede

LetYouDown 09-27-2005 04:35 PM

If people can't handle racist comments, it stands to reason that they won't be able to handle pretty much anything in OOT.

jakethebake 09-27-2005 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ignore the trolls and they will go away. Post polls about them and they'll multiply.

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]

Wise.

theben 09-27-2005 04:36 PM

if somebody doesnt like black poeple, they should be allowed to speak their mind. if you can have threads about pooping, drinking, hookers, then theres no reason to censor posts like that

imported_CaseClosed326 09-27-2005 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If people can't handle racist comments, it stands to reason that they won't be able to handle pretty much anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

HopeydaFish 09-27-2005 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if somebody doesnt like black poeple, they should be allowed to speak their mind. if you can have threads about pooping, drinking, hookers, then theres no reason to censor posts like that

[/ QUOTE ]

There are plenty of forums on the internet where you can go and talk about your dislike of black people. 2+2 is under no obligation to provide such a forum.

pokerdirty 09-27-2005 04:42 PM

Let Commodus decide.

HopeydaFish 09-27-2005 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If people can't handle racist comments, it stands to reason that they won't be able to handle pretty much anything in OOT.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can handle anything that I see or read. I'm just surprised that 2+2 tolerates it.

jakethebake 09-27-2005 04:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Let Commodus decide.

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent! Wait wasn't he responsible for a few genocides while conquoring half the world...? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]