Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Woah I suck AK Hand (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=175190)

Shillx 01-11-2005 05:50 PM

Woah I suck AK Hand

I have a strong feeling that my game has gone to hell recently. I don't usually play mid-day so minimal reads. The villian is 15/7 after just 20 hands so take it for what it's worth. The only donor at the table isn't in this hand.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Superhero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $5.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, Superhero calls, BB calls.

Flop: (7 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Superhero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Superhero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="blue">Superhero...?</font>

What am I doing here? Any pre-turn comments appreciated. I think that this hand sums up how crappy I'm playing, but I want some comfirmation from everyone. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

The river was the 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] for those interested.

I'll post results shortly.

Brad

TwoShedsJackson 01-11-2005 05:58 PM

Re: Woah I suck AK Hand

Superhero bets, realising that it would probably be checked behind.

Hang on, why didn't you raise preflop again?

DeathDonkey 01-11-2005 06:01 PM

Hi Brad,

I don't want to blindly say "3 bet preflop with AK" but I would do so here with the minimal read and reasonable stats you have on the guy.

Flop is fine after not raising preflop (that really changes this hand alot). I'm not sure what your question is on the turn. I think its "bet or checkraise?" and I would bet. He may even raise you with a worse hand. And he will call with JJ or whatever but check it through if you check. I wouldn't mind going 3 bets on the turn but if he caps I just call the river.

Anything more specific you didn't like about it?

-DeathDonkey

shadow29 01-11-2005 06:03 PM

Wrong forum, n00b.

Turn:
Superhero Bets with the intention of 3-betting!!!

Shillx 01-11-2005 06:15 PM

Results

Thank you all very much.

I thought I should have check/raised here.

Anyway I bet, he raised and I called.
I check/called the river and got shown KQ.

MHIG and my play is horrible. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

GrunchCan 01-11-2005 06:15 PM

I'm ok with the PF call. On the SB against a good, thinking LP raiser whom I suspect has a good hand, I'll play the same way frequently.

On the turn, you must bet. Your'e either way ahead or way behind and drawing dead. If your ahead, checking will only result in losing bets. If your behind, your opponent will raise and you can fold in confidence. I seriously doubt your opponent is on a [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] draw, barring some kind of read from you that he's capable of it.

DeathDonkey 01-11-2005 06:19 PM

If your thinking of folding the turn to a raise you need to get your head checked. Unbelievable.

shadow29 01-11-2005 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If your thinking of folding the turn to a raise you need to get your head checked. Unbelievable.

[/ QUOTE ]

DeathDonkey 01-11-2005 06:20 PM

Re: Results

Play 2/4 for a little while it will make you happy. And top two pair is a pretty good hand, you should probably put in a raise on one of the big streets [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

rafct 01-11-2005 06:53 PM

I am wondering... Would a simple flop bet be all right here too, or you really have to check raise ? And if so, why ?
Thanks in advance..