Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Bonuses (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Questions regarding Absolute Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=360245)

RiverJohn 10-18-2005 03:44 PM

Questions regarding Absolute Poker

I am currently working off a reload bonus, and I noticed it was going VERY slowly. I was three-tabling $2/4 short-handed and I checked my bonus points expecting to have worked off AT LEAST $20 worth. I was shocked to find I hadn't even cleared $10 after two hours.

I wrote them an email asking about this and then went back to experiment with one table and keep tabs on my points.

It turns out that they are giving me credit only for hands where I PUT ADDITIONAL MONEY into the pot, beyond the blinds. I know some sites do this, but I believe three weeks ago, I was receiving credit for all raked hands.

Not only this, but I have two other problems with this site. Firstly, I don't know how many emails I have sent to them (nice ones...) that have not received replies (until I sent them less-mice ones over 48 hours later). This does not do much for one of their testimonials touting something like "you emailed me back within ten minutes and solved my problem. No other poker site has done that!"

Another problem is that they rake NO-FLOP hands. That KILLS short-handed, especially heads-up!

What are others impressions of this site? I initially like playing on it. Their software is good and the games are good, but if I can't claim bonus money as they stipulate, I will discontinue playing on this site.

Photoc 10-18-2005 03:46 PM

Re: Questions regarding Absolute Poker

There are several threads discussing this in the internet gambling forum.

FishHooks 10-18-2005 04:14 PM

I haven't had those bonus clearing problems. Also they reply to my e-mails pretty fast. However I didn't now about that they rake no flop hands. whats the minimum pot have to be, for a rake though, I'm guessing when you steal the blinds from the button you dont have enough in the pot anyways to get a rake.

Bats 10-18-2005 04:24 PM

They seem to have changed their policy sometime in the last couple of days. I was clearing a signup bonus at a nice clip, a raked hand was counted whenever the rake was .25 or more, whether or not I contributed to the pot. Without notice Absolute has started counting only hands in which the rake reaches .25 AND I have contributed to the pot. Clearing the bonus has become very, very slow.

Bats 10-18-2005 04:29 PM

This also raises questions for our hosts, Poker Source Online. How does this effect collecting PSO signup rewards? Clearly Absolute has changed their policy, what is PSO's response?

kiddj 10-18-2005 04:32 PM

Are we sure that they changed their policy, or is it just a software glitch they should be correcting?

irishpint 10-18-2005 04:54 PM

last night I was getting credit for every raked hand, not just hands i contributed to.

ltb 10-18-2005 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
last night I was getting credit for every raked hand, not just hands i contributed to.

[/ QUOTE ]

x2

hopefully this is just a bug.

Bats 10-18-2005 05:09 PM

I just noticed this today, so I hope it's a bug and they fix it soon.

10-18-2005 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

x2

hopefully this is just a bug.

[/ QUOTE ]

i received credit for each raked hand i was involved in last night too, including where i folded pf.