Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Flopped The Joint. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=404934)

-Skeme- 12-25-2005 08:07 AM

Flopped The Joint.

-----
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $4 BB (9 handed)

UTG ($412.85)
UTG+1 ($632.65)
MP1 ($382.90)
MP2 ($559.80)
MP3 ($268.65)
CO ($179.90)
Button ($659.25)
Hero ($423.40)
BB ($232.70)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls $4, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($12) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $12</font>, BB calls $12, MP2 calls $12.

Turn: ($48) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets $4</font>, MP2 calls $4, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $44</font>, BB folds, MP2 calls $40.

River: ($140) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero ??
-----

Opponent isn't awful, but I don't think he's very good. Typical $400 NL player I guess.

What's the best way to go about this? I might be able to represent the K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], but maybe I just want to make sure HE doesn't represent it. I think my hand played like a flush that just got counterfeited. Would you just check-fold here all the time or block it with something.

Also, I think I would've just folded the turn to a bigger bet, but since it was so weak, I felt they might've still been drawing/behind my now-not-so-nut straight. Anybody hate the turn?

Thanks.

Rotating Rabbit 12-25-2005 08:17 AM

Re: Flopped The Joint.

I dont think its profitable to block river.

I also cant see MP2 bluffing a high spade on river probably has decent showdown value such that he would be bluffing the best hand in his eyes, perhaps 2pair or even a set that he never had the proper moment to raise.

I vote for check fold.

I dont mind the turn at all.

Maulik 12-25-2005 08:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont think its profitable to block river.

I also cant see MP2 bluffing a high spade on river probably has decent showdown value such that he would be bluffing the best hand in his eyes, perhaps 2pair or even a set that he never had the proper moment to raise.

I vote for check fold.

I dont mind the turn at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Call the turn, to keep the pot small.

The river is an easy check/fold, no reason to try and represent a hand against the typical donks who are going to call.

-Skeme- 12-25-2005 08:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't think it's worth it to raise such a weak bet? Am I coming out firing on a blank river?

Maulik 12-25-2005 08:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't think it's worth it to raise such a weak bet? Am I coming out firing on a blank river?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've found a weak bet when a draw completes i usually indicative of a hand being made.

Fire a blank river.

-Skeme- 12-25-2005 08:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've found a weak bet when a draw completes i usually indicative of a hand being made.

[/ QUOTE ]

That makes sense, but it could also be the 6. I think a check-call is better here, yeah.

Maulik 12-25-2005 10:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That makes sense, but it could also be the 6. I think a check-call is better here, yeah.

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't limit so no need to push an edge where you could be well behind.

-Skeme- 12-25-2005 10:04 AM

Yeah, still makes sense. I'm cool with a turn call.

swolfe 12-25-2005 12:47 PM

i'd probably just bet again on the turn rather than check-raising, then fold to any raises or river bets. i lead a lot of my strongish draws on the flop, so my opponents (that are paying attention) may put me on the flush and i can get to showdown more cheaply.

-Skeme- 12-25-2005 12:55 PM

Yeah, I didn't check with the intent of check-raising there. If the bet and call was for $40, I'd fold. Maybe a lead again there is better than both. In fact, I think it's much better.