Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Would you call this river? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=206016)

Duerig 03-03-2005 12:42 AM

Would you call this river?

From the way he played it, I put villain on a missed flush draw who then decided to bet the scary river. He was 40% vpip after 4 hands. So basically no reads. Is this call standard? / moronic? / very read dependent?

Oh, and feel free to give any other comments for the rest of the hand. Thanks,

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (7 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO (poster) calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.25 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks.

River: (5.25 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 7.25 BB

Firefly 03-03-2005 12:45 AM

Re: Would you call this river?

The pot is small, let it go. Do you REALLY thing he raised you with a flush draw there? I think this is an easy fold

ArturiusX 03-03-2005 12:46 AM

Ace high isnt winning this pot, the board has to be very very ragged to call a river with ace high, and must be heads up.

Duerig 03-03-2005 12:51 AM

We were heads up after the flop action. I was under the impression that a board pairing actually improves your chances of having A high hold up (because an opponent has fewer chances to make a pair). Is this wrong? Thanks for the responses so far,

manik 03-03-2005 01:07 AM

First, as everyone always says, a 4 hand read means nothing...

I think the raise on the flop there could very well be a free card play (if so, it worked). Since he posted, the range of cards he could play under a raise is a bit larger than if he was just in the CO normally (assuming he pays even slight attention to this). The check on the turn helps with the free card theory, too. Since the T is not a diamond, he could very well have made trips or a pair of 4s, both of which beat you. I think, that if you think he missed his flush a call is a bad play there. A raise would be better, although I agree with firefly that a fold is the best move.

Edit: This is my first reply to a hand post... hopefully its good!

wabe 03-03-2005 02:02 AM

You're losing to any random K/T/5/4 at this point. After getting raised on the flop, you're showing no aggression after raising preflop. To top it off, he bets the river.

I think you're behind more often than not.