Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Nothing like shoving percentages down a sore losers throat (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=386693)

KSOT 11-28-2005 10:12 AM

Nothing like shoving percentages down a sore losers throat

Live 17 person $20 tournament last night. Everyone folds to me in the SB and I wake up with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] at the perfect time since I'd been pushing a lot just before it. I make what looks like a bully raise to the big and he calls quickly. Flop comes K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. I push it all-in right away and he calls with K8 off. Of course I catch the diamond on the turn and he goes on a rant about how lucky I am, etc...

That's when I had to bust out the knowledge and explain to him that 14 outs on the flop means you're ahead and that I was never behind once in the hand, 2 pair or not. He refused to believe me until another numbers guy there confirmed it. You should've seen the look on his face. Pure shame!

einbert 11-28-2005 10:24 AM

Re: Nothing like shoving percentages down a sore losers throat

I always just say "Well I just had a feeling my card was gonna come!"

People usually understand.

KSOT 11-28-2005 10:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I always just say "Well I just had a feeling my card was gonna come!"

People usually understand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd have said something along those lines if it were some huge fish that I play with regularly, but this guy was pretty good, very cocky, and I can't imagine playing with him again. He was the chip leader at the time actually, because he'd already cracked someone elses aces once and took a huge chunk out of me right before that. I wanted him to know that he didn't trap me like he thought.

Vindication baby!

MrBig30 11-28-2005 12:10 PM

I know this is not the forum for serious stuff AND I dont have Pokerstove here to confirm it - but doesnt the fact that he has 4 outs to a full house change this to very slightly in his favor on the flop?

11-28-2005 12:26 PM

It is satisfying to give those people what-for, but I've found that I can resist the urge to give out free knowledge by just never opening that chat window. The last thing I want to do is help an obnoxious jerk get better. I love it when people think I"m a complete fish.

Nepa 11-28-2005 12:36 PM

wasn't it a coin toss after the flop? something like 51 49 with you barely ahead?

11-28-2005 12:39 PM

were you playing Sponger.?

KSOT 11-28-2005 01:23 PM

Mrbig, nope, I was still ahead slightly. You also have to account for the extra outs I'd pick up if the turn was a blank since it could pair on the river.

[ QUOTE ]
wasn't it a coin toss after the flop? something like 51 49 with you barely ahead?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep. Does that... contradict something I said? O_o

Nepa 11-28-2005 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Mrbig, nope, I was still ahead slightly. You also have to account for the extra outs I'd pick up if the turn was a blank since it could pair on the river.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep. Does that... contradict something I said? O_o

[/ QUOTE ]

Not at all. But I do have a question for you. How far are you behind if you don't have the draw for the flush. No cheating.

Weatherhead03 11-28-2005 02:41 PM

cards win %win lose %lose tie %tie EV
Ad Ah 513 51.82 477 48.18 0 0.00 0.518
Ks 8c 477 48.18 513 51.82 0 0.00 0.482

AA is still the favorite.