Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Another Headphones Post (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=400541)

LetYouDown 12-17-2005 11:37 PM

Another Headphones Post

Looking for headphones. Did a search for the past year, found that people seem to really dislike the Bose QC2 headphones, yet some people seem to like them. Can an audiophile give me a pro/con list of these that's very opinion based? Factual information is good too.

Basically, I wear headphones at work (I'm a programmer) and I listen 8 hours a day on average. I don't have a TON of ambient noise, but I'd like to get rid of the conversations and other background noise. I don't care so much about size, although I don't want to look like a DJ. I don't want the in-ear style. I want noise cancelling.

Is Sennheiser the only way to go? They seem pretty ugly (yeah, yeah) and I can't understand half the crap on their website because it's in German.

istewart 12-18-2005 01:17 AM

Re: Another Headphones Post

I like these a lot.

12-18-2005 01:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I like these a lot. NSFW

[/ QUOTE ]

FiP

ccrazy88 12-18-2005 02:16 AM

Sennheiser doesn't make closed headphones that I know about. Head-Fi, found at www.head-fi.org, is probably the best source for headphone, headphone amp, and portable audio information on the internet. A good choice at the $200 mark for a closed headphone would be the Audio-Technica A900s, although they are very large (think CD-sized). I'd give you more suggestions, but I don't have much knowledge as far as closed or noise-cancelling headphones go.

Maulik 12-18-2005 02:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sennheiser doesn't make closed headphones that I know about. Head-Fi, found at www.head-fi.org, is probably the best source for headphone, headphone amp, and portable audio information on the internet. A good choice at the $200 mark for a closed headphone would be the Audio-Technica A900s, although they are very large (think CD-sized). I'd give you more suggestions, but I don't have much knowledge as far as closed or noise-cancelling headphones go.

[/ QUOTE ]

HD280

Maulik 12-18-2005 02:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't want to look like a DJ. I don't want the in-ear style. I want noise cancelling.

[/ QUOTE ]

These are two limitations you can't have. It's one or the other my man.

You'll have to sacrifice one or the other.

istewart 12-18-2005 02:31 AM

Did you just say the same exact thing in three consecutive sentences?

Maulik 12-18-2005 02:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, upon re-reading it, I did.

god damn I'm a jackass.

handsome 12-18-2005 03:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, upon re-reading it, I did.

god damn I'm a jackass.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, good one Maulik.

emonrad87 12-18-2005 03:55 AM

I love my QC2's. My friend's broke - the plastic part of the head band cracked and basically disintigrated. 2 other friend's have had theirs for 2 years just like me and love them.

I would reccomend the QC2's.