Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Another NYC bust (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=368498)

IgorSmiles 10-30-2005 07:24 PM

Another NYC bust

Anyone know which club this is referring to?

[url] http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/act/107387078.html

10-30-2005 07:33 PM

Re: Another NYC bust

Lets not gossip about what may or may not be going on in an open public forum. Needless to say, its a bad time for live poker in NYC. Games will be harder to find and possibly more sketchy. Big relatively open places will not be happening, and anything that gets talked about on the internet is in danger.

10-30-2005 07:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Lets not gossip about what may or may not be going on in an open public forum. Needless to say, its a bad time for live poker in NYC. Games will be harder to find and possibly more sketchy. Big relatively open places will not be happening, and anything that gets talked about on the internet is in danger.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no such thing as "Too Paranoid!"

At one time I was paranoid. Then I found out tha' summbitches rilly were out ta' get me!

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

p.s.
good advice. what goes on here (and up on the board) don't stay here.

IgorSmiles 10-30-2005 08:49 PM

Who's gossiping?

JFB37 10-30-2005 09:01 PM

It's a cop, hoping that people will respond with emails like, "do you mean the X club on Y street?"

10-30-2005 09:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Who's gossiping?

[/ QUOTE ]

You are, by asking for people to speculate about what was written on CL you invite people to give out free information about card clubs in NYC in a very public forum. Not very wise under the current circumstances. You think only players read message boards? Regardless of your personal feelings on the issue, card rooms are not accepted by legal authorites here. Just because we feel we should be able to play and discuss openly, doesn't mean we should do so, if that will lead to information being given out that leads to card rooms closing. Like it or not, these places are not legally sanctioned and should not be discussed in an open public forum.

IgorSmiles 10-30-2005 09:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Who's gossiping?

[/ QUOTE ]

You are, by asking for people to speculate about what was written on CL you invite people to give out free information about card clubs in NYC in a very public forum. Not very wise under the current circumstances. You think only players read message boards? Regardless of your personal feelings on the issue, card rooms are not accepted by legal authorites here. Just because we feel we should be able to play and discuss openly, doesn't mean we should do so, if that will lead to information being given out that leads to card rooms closing. Like it or not, these places are not legally sanctioned and should not be discussed in an open public forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can get off your soap box now. I wasnt asking for speculation.

Luv2DriveTT 10-31-2005 12:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the room(s) discussed in that post have closed for security reasons, for the safety of their players and staff. There was not another raid, but they are now effectively closed for business.
TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

10-31-2005 12:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the room(s) discussed in that post have closed for security reasons, for the safety of their players and staff. There was not another raid, but they are now effectively closed for business.
TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've got 8-3 you get no apology.

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]