Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Favorite Wrestling Hold? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=392114)

12-05-2005 07:44 PM

Favorite Wrestling Hold?

...And why? This can be as a participant or spectator.

Mine is the grapevine. Very sexy! [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Skipbidder 12-05-2005 08:07 PM

Re: Favorite Wrestling Hold?

Crossface cradle. Led the team in near falls (although some of them were from tilts and turks as well) and in pins (although the refs are very reluctant to call pins on cradles...since it isn't common).

I am sure that this is not the question that you were actually asking.

BreakfastBurrito 12-05-2005 08:11 PM

The million dollar dream.

12-05-2005 08:19 PM

The squatting donkey

EMcWilliams 12-05-2005 08:24 PM

I liked using the million dollar dream when my cousin and I wrestled around, but my all time favorite has to be the sharpshooter. A close second is the texas cloverleaf.

Soul Daddy 12-05-2005 08:30 PM

I have put many people in both the Figure Four and the Torture Rack. And my friends and I would occasionally trade Rock Bottoms after a night of drinking in college. Good times.

My favorite as a spectator is probably the Pedigree. I don't really have much of a reason, it just looks cool. That crazy piledriver move that Petey Williams in TNA does is pretty sweet though.

Wait, this is about real wrestling? Bor-ing.

asofel 12-05-2005 08:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Crossface cradle. Led the team in near falls (although some of them were from tilts and turks as well) and in pins (although the refs are very reluctant to call pins on cradles...since it isn't common).

I am sure that this is not the question that you were actually asking.

[/ QUOTE ]

cross face here as well...i often got paired with a really aggressive kid on our team...10 minutes of having him spin on your back and basically get punched in the temple sure was a fun way of losing weight...

i actually miss it...

WackityWhiz 12-05-2005 09:31 PM

Hip Toss -- I matured faster than the other kids and in 8th grade I won a tournament using only this move... [brag] actually I won most of my matches with this move, but this one tourney was awesome:

Match #1: 13 seconds
Match #2: 8 seconds
Championship: 55 seconds

[/brag]

wait wait

[brag] I quit wresting after 9th grade cuz of a bad shoulder and during that year I hip tossed and pinned the kid who eventually became state champion... awww those were the days.

[/brag] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

The Truth 12-05-2005 09:42 PM

change hold to "move" and this gets better.

mblax10 12-05-2005 09:44 PM

Shooting Star press.

If the question was most effective move, it would have to be the back elbow. That move can get you out of any situation.